10- shrouded sorrow

We landed near a fog-shrouded shrine I hopped down off of the serpent. As Mizuki helped Nanami down. I growled quietly but, I didn't need help anyway. Silently I followed behind looking a Mizuki trying to flirt with Nanami. I frowned slightly discouraged. No one ever flirts with me... I just have a little shit of a familiar. My shoulders slumped as I sighed we now approached the shrine doors. Opening the doors were two shark-like shrine spirits.

"Welcome Master Mizuki!" He smiled nodding towards them as he leads us to the main room sitting down at the table. He poured a saucer of sacred sake. All the while with a gleeful smile of a newly wedded man. He handed me a saucer of said sake myself. Placing the ceramic saucer to my lips I drank closing my eyes. I appreciated the crisp yet fresh taste. Tomoe won't come, I might as well make the most of it. I cracked a small smile.

"Miss Star God are you alright ?" He asks me as my eyes open. I nodded humming in response and continued drinking. "Oh Lady Nanami, my mistress Lady Yonomori will be so happy to meet you!" He cheered his seafoam green eyes sparkling with childlike giddiness. I narrowed my eyes slightly. If she would be happy where is she?

"Mizuki where is she ?" Nanami asked her lips giving away her suspicion. Mizuki's eyes saddened then went back to normal. His lips quivering slightly as he smiled. Odd.

"My dearest apologies Lady Nanami but Lady Yonomori isn't feeling well." He smiles softly. But that smile didn't sit well with me. His facade was as frail as paper petals. Those petals now wilted and fallen.As he talked with Nanami I stood and decided to look around for myself...

A/n: Hey guys quick A/n be sure to check my other stories and leave suggestions! Don't forget to vote and comment thank.