Chapter 10- Captured Once Again

The sun was high above the city of Volterra as Rosalyn worked in the gardens, planting flowers and watering bushes. Alec was busy having fun torturing a prisoner that he was in charge of. A knock on the door disturbed their work, making Alec growl slightly.

"Rosalyn, could you go who is outside the doorstep?" yelled Alec, who was busy trying to deal with a prisoner.

"Sure." smiled Rosalyn, brushing her hands on her skirt and ran towards the door.

Rosalyn ran towards the big wooden double doors, looking through the peep hole, seeing a vampire in a black cloak. Must be one of the lower guards she doesn't know. But if it was, shouldn't he or she have a key to the castle? All the guards were issued one. For hell's sake, even she was given one even though she'll probably never walk out those doors. They must have forgotten their key then. Rosalyn opened the door and smiled.

"May I help you?" she said politely.

The stranger didn't say anything.

"Umm...hello?" asked Rosalyn, waving a hand in front of his or her face.

"Hello. I am here to speak with Aro." he said.

"Of course. What is your name sir?" asked Rosalyn, walking toward the receptionist desk, getting ready to call for Aro.

"Vladmir." he said.

Rosalyn's blood turned to ice. It was a Romanian vampire. The ones that Alec warned her about. Turning her heel, Rosalyn ran towards the garden, hoping that the vampire wouldn't catch her. Of course, vampires will always be faster than humans. He grabbed her by the collar, ripping it off in the process, covering her mouth with one of his gloved hands, dragging her out of the castle, her futile attempts to escape, to no avail. He covered her mouth with a cloth, making her inhale the knock out powder. Soon, all Rosalyn could see was darkness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the prisoner fainted from the pain and torture Alec inflicted on him, Alec dragged him back into his cell and locked the doors. Where the hell was Rosalyn? She didn't run off, did she? No. She wouldn't dare to. Not after her last punishment..... Just thinking about it made the guilt return. Alec slowly walked back to the throne room, hoping that his twin might comfort him a little.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rosalyn woke up in a cell, bruised and cold, unable to move. Her gaze shifted to her hands, which were tightly bound by ropes. She tried tugging on them to loosen them....to no avail. After a while, she gave up and let her tears flow down her dirt swept face, soaking her messy, tangled hair. Soon after, the heavy metal door creaked open, revealing a dark figure, leaning against the door frame, watching Rosalyn uselessly tug against the tight ropes.

"The more you tug, the tighter they become." he stated, his voice as cold as ice.

"Why did you bring me here?" cried Rosalyn.

"Easy....we'll send the Volturi a ransom for you." stated Vladmir as if it was the simplest thing in the world.

"You're wrong. They won't come. They don't care about me. None of them do. I'm just a worthless slave in their eyes." whispered Rosalyn, knowing deep down that it was true, no matter how much she didn't want it to be.

"What do you mean?" asked Vladmir, curious.

"Do you even know why I'm at the Volturi castle?" asked Rosalyn, tears streaming ceaselessly down her face.

"Why?" asked Vladmir.

"Because I knew Alec and Jane from their human lives. I was in an arranged marriage with Alec....unwillingly. But it was what we had to do back in my village. After Alec was changed, he came to get revenge on his village. He saw me and dragged me back to the Volturi castle to be his little slave, do his biddings. I'm nothing but a dog to them. Nothing....worthless.." cried Rosalyn, burying her head into the hard ground under her.

"Why have you never tried to run away?" questioned Vladmir.

"Because I know that Demetri will find me. Alec will punish me and I don't want to get punished. I'm scared of him. I'm scared of the Volturi. I'm scared of vampires in general." whispered Rosalyn.

Vladmir chuckled darkly.

"Oh really? You're afraid of vampires?" snickered Vladmir.

"If you were a helpless human slave under vampires that you can't escape from, wouldn't you be?" reasoned Rosalyn, knowing that she had nothing to loose now.

Vladmir growled and backhanded her, causing her to yelp in pain.

"Look human. I'm going to make your life here a living hell. You'll wish that it was Alec punishing you instead of me and my coven. Trust me, you don't know the tip of pain yet." hissed Vladmir in her face.

Rosalyn involuntarily whimpered in fear, causing Vladmir to smirk and spit in her face.

"I would love to torture you some more darling, but I'm getting hungry. Care to feed me?" he smirked.

"W-what?" whimpered Rosalyn.

Feed him?

"Feed me. In other words, I'm going to suck your precious blood." stated Vladmir.

"N-no please. N-no." whispered Rosalyn.

"You don't have a choice human." hissed Vladmir, brushing her wet hair off of her neck, exposing the flesh.

He slowly leaned down and breathed on the flesh, deeply inhaling the sweet scent of her pure blood. Slowly lowering his fangs to her soft skin, Vladmir made a tiny slit, licking off the blood that was flowing. Rosalyn cried in pain and humiliation, wanting Death to claim her. What had she done to deserve this? Soon, black spots filled her vision, causing her to black out.