Chapter 14- I Love You Too

Alec immediately began to panic, shouting her name over and over again.

"Rosalyn? Rosalyn! Where are you?" he screamed.

He soon heard the soft sound of crying coming from the bathroom. He immediately rushed towards it, not even surprised that it was locked.

"Rose sweetie, please. Open up." begged Alec.

"N-no." she sputtered through tears.

"Rosalyn love, I'm sorry! Just please!" he begged, sliding onto his knees.

She didn't answer. After a whole day of ceaseless begging, Alec slowly got up banged his head on the wall.

"I'm sorry..I'm so sorry." he rasped, his voice strained from the hours of endless begging.

The door slid open, Rosalyn walking out and towards the bed. Alec immediately ran to her and fell to his knees, grabbing a hold on her arm and not letting go no matter what.

"Please Rosalyn please! I'm sorry! I know what I did wrong just please forgive me." sputtered Alec, dry sobbing.

"Let go of my hand." said Rosalyn, her voice cracked from crying.

"No, no, please love please. I beg of you." Alec said, so desperate.

"I said let go!" yelled Rosalyn, louder than she meant to.

Alec reluctantly let go of her hand, watching as she climbed onto the bed and pulled the covers over her small, petite body, turning away from him and falling asleep. All night, Alec was by her side, kneeling and repeating apologies over and over again, hoping that one day, she would forgive him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rosalyn woke up the next morning, stretching and yawning, looking up at the cream colored ceiling. As she slid into her bunny slippers she walked around her bed and found Alec, still kneeling beside it, his skin paler than usual and his eyes black from not feeding. He seemed so dead....and lifeless. Rosalyn slowly walked out to the dimly lit hallways, walking wherever her feet took her. After a while, she got lost and slid to her knees, hugging them against her chest and wishing that this was all a dream. From the corner of the hallway, Marcus watched his dead heart saddening at the sight of two star crossed lovers slowly breaking away from each other. He sighed and walked towards Rosalyn, sitting next to her.

"My dear...what's wrong?" he asked, even though he knew.

"Alec." she merely answered.

"What's wrong with Alec? Did you two fight?" asked Marcus.

"Is it that obvious?" she whispered, barely loud enough for him to hear.

Marcus nodded, hating the sight of such a beautiful girl depressing over something so simple.

"Go to him." he said.

Rosalyn shook her head slowly, burying it in her hands.

"I can't. I don't want to be hurt again. It happens every time. What did I do wrong? Why can't I have a normal life?" she whispered.

"I'm sorry dear. But he really does love you." whispered Marcus.

"Does he?" asked Rosalyn, seriously doubting it.

"He does. You two have the strongest bond I have ever seen in a long time." whispered Marcus.

Rosalyn nodded and stood up.

"Thank you Master Marcus." she smiled weakly.

"Please dear. Marcus is fine." he smiled back.

Rosalyn nodded and ran down the hallway, wanting to be in Alec's embrace once again. As she entered his room, she saw him in the same exact position that she left him in, kneeling in front of the bed, lifeless and dead. She slowly walked up to him and kneels in front of him, brushing the hair out of his eyes.

"I'm so sorry. Please forgive me." whispered Alec, over and over again.

Seeing him like this was breaking Rosalyn's heart all over again.

"I forgive you, my love." she said, gently caressing his cheek.

"You what?" he whispered, surprised.

"I forgive you." Rosalyn repeated.

Alec lunged and crushed Rosalyn in a hug, dry sobbing in her hair. Rosalyn gently rubbed his back, comforting him and reassuring him.

"Shhh...it's alright. I forgive you. I forgive you." she whispered.

Alec rested in her lap, his dry sobbing ceasing a little.

"Thank you." he whispered.

Rosalyn nodded and kissed the top of his head, burying her chin in his dark brown hair.

"I love you." he mumbled.

"I love you too." she whispered.