The Badge And The Burden Part 2

Rock watched as weiss left the classroom and re-entered a few minutes later, changed from the school uniform to her battle outfit

"Goooo, Weiss!" yang cheers raising her fist

"Fight well!" Blake said waving a small flag

"Yeah, represent Teeeeam RWBY!" ruby yelled

"Ruby! I'm trying to focus!" weiss yelled lowering her sword and looking at ruby

"Oh, um... Sorry..." ruby said sheepishly

"Allllright!" professor port said next to the cage "Let the match... begin!"

The professor swings down his large axe weapon and breaks the lock, dropping the cage door and revealing the Boarbatusk inside, which immediately charges at Weiss. She uses her weapon to deflect its attack and roll to the side, readying herself for its next move. The Grimm stands a distance away from its enemy, studying her.

"Ha-ha! Wasn't expecting that, were you?" professor port asked

"Hang in there, Weiss!" ruby yelled

Weiss is now speeding towards the oncoming Boarbatusk, sticking her blade straight at its skull until they meet and her weapon gets trapped in the beast's tusks. Weiss is still hanging on to the hilt, and is tossed around as she struggles to get the rapier back.

"Bold, new approach. I like it!" professor port said while rock, who had been watching the whole time, was silently encouraging weiss by holding up a paper with the words
'go weiss!'

"Come on, Weiss, show it who's boss!" ruby said

Weiss turns to glare at Ruby, only for the Boarbatusk to turn its head and rip the sword from her grip. Her weapon lands far away from its master, who is knocked back by the creature's tusks.

"Oh-ho! Now what will you do without your weapon?" port asked

Weiss looks up just in time to see the Boarbatusk charge again, rolling out of the way just in time to avoid getting trampled and making it crash into a desk. Weiss rushes at her sword and slides to get it back in her hand.

"Weiss! Go for its belly! There's no armor underneath-" ruby said but was interrupted

"Stop telling me what to do!" weiss said turning to ruby

Ruby looks hurt at Weiss' rebuttal. Meanwhile, the Boarbatusk leaps into the air and rolls into a ball, spinning rapidly in the air and landing on the ground, consistently gaining speed until it launches itself at Weiss. It comes closer and closer, but Weiss activates one of her blue-white circles and blocks the roll, leaping up into the now-black snowflake symbol and turning it blue again so she can drive the blade into the Boarbatusk's stomach. It squeals and falls silent while Weiss gasps in relief.

"Bravo! Bra-vo! It appears we are indeed in the presence of a true Huntress-in-training!" port said as weiss stood from her exhausted position ""I'm afraid that's all the time we have for today. Be sure to cover the assigned readings, and... stay vigilant! Class dismissed!"

Weiss glares and turns away, walking hurriedly to the exit past her teammates.

Rock walked up to jaune who asked "Sheesh, what's with her?" The remaining members of Team RWBY look at each other with the same question.

Rock looked at the paper he held reading 'go weiss!' and thought for a moment before running off to his room

---------------------------------------------------------