Chapter 1 | exchanging phones

Just like every morning, I got woken up at 6:00 AM, by my alarm clock. It's Monday... I hate Mondays... I lazily got out of bed and headed to the bathroom to take a shower. Then, I put on a baby pink dress and headed to the kitchen to make myself some eggs and bacon. I sat and ate in silence, looking around my small apartment. It was clean, which meant that I could finally take some time for myself after work instead of cleaning! However, in this boring Monday morning, I felt that something was missing... Music! Yes, I am one of those people that can't live without music, so I grabbed my phone and played some music.

After a couple of minutes, it was time for me to leave for work so I stopped the music. I grabbed my phone, my keys, and my white faux leather purse. I also slipped on a thick black shirt with long sleeves over my dress to keep me from freezing outside. I got out of my apartment, locked the door and headed to the nearest bus station. I take the bus because I actually don't have a car, or a driving license to drive one... When the bus arrived, I quickly got in and walked to the back to find a seat. I couldn't find one so I stood during the whole ride. What an amazing morning! Of course, I decided to wear white heels to go with my dress and my purse, so my feet were hurting like hell from standing up for around 30 minutes.

Eventually, the bus stopped and I got out. I walked for another good 15 minutes before arriving in front of my workplace. I worked in a recording studio, as the secretary. The place wasn't very popular and had a quite bad reputation but the job I had there paid me well enough. I opened the door, stepped in and made my way to my boss' office to say hello. After this boring and repetitive routine, my day officially started, announcing itself to be as uninteresting as usual.

The day passed. I welcomed the one and only artist who chose this company as his recording studio. When my shift ended, I decided to take the bus to go shopping. I had done nothing but sitting all day so I wanted to go somewhere. With that being established, I got on the bus to get to my destination.

After 2 hours or so, I became tired and decided to sit on a bench to rest and think about what was I going to cook for dinner. I had been looking at clothes for the past 2 hours so I was really hungry. Actually, I didn't buy anything because I didn't have the money for it. I can't wait to get paid! Eventually, I got up from the bench and took the bus back to my apartment.

Suddenly, the bus stopped. The driver's voice was then heard through the speakers. The bus was out of gas, so we had to wait for the other bus to come and pick us up. I decided to walk to my place since it wasn't that far. I began walking but a few minutes later, I heard the loud sound of the thunder. It was going to rain really hard, so I removed my shoes and started running. I was so concentrated on not to sprain my ankle, that I didn't see the handsome man running on the opposite side of the sidewalk, probably running to the bus stop...

Without any warning, I found myself on the ground with everything that was in my purse scattered beside me. I looked up to see a tall man, probably the one who made me fall to the ground. I could tell he was handsome even if I could just see his eyes since he was wearing a mask and a cap. He apologized with a deep and captivating voice and picked up his phone that fell to the ground, next to my things. He then helped me pick up my belongings that were scattered on the sidewalk. When I thought everything was in my bag, the handsome man handed me my phone, apologized again and left in a hurry. I put my phone back in my bag and walked to my apartment before it started raining.

When I entered my apartment, I directly went to take a shower. I then wore my favorite pajamas and sat on the couch, rethinking about the weird incident on the sidewalk. The more I thought about it, the more I was sure that I knew that man from somewhere... That voice, those eyes... My thinking was interrupted by my stomach growling from hunger. I decided to make ramen. I then went back to the living room.

I was peacefully eating my bowl of ramen when my phone rang. It couldn't be my parents since they never even care to ring me up to see if I'm doing fine on my own. It also couldn't be my best friend since she broke her phone. Apart from these people, nobody else had my phone number or even bothered to call me.  I decided to ignore the call since I didn't know who it could be and I was too lazy to get up from the couch and get my phone. A few moments later, my phone rang again. This time, it scared me. Two times in a time lapse of 5 minutes isn't usual to me... I got up from my comfortable sitting position with a groan and answered the phone;

Me: Hi? Who is this?

???: Oh, c'mon Tae. You know who I am.

Me: Huuummm, Tae? Sorry, that's not me...

???: Seriously Tae, stop fooling around and bring your ass back to the house before anyone else does it before you.

Me: I'm sorry sir. I don't know who you are and I am sure you dialed the wrong number. I'm hanging up now, have a nice evening!

I hung up and threw my phone on the couch and sat back down to eat. A few minutes later, my phone started buzzing non-stop because I was receiving many text messages. That was REALLY unusual... I decided to verify if it was really my phone because someone texting me is not something normal. As I grabbed the phone that didn't seem to be mine, I gasped at the number of messages that were sent. Also, I concluded that it wasn't mine since the background isn't the usual sunset I photographed last year, on a trip to Busan. Instead, it was a cute little boy standing between two adults who were probably his parents. With that, my curiosity kicked in. Who is this little boy? Who's the owner if the phone? Why the heck is he receiving thousands of messages? Who's the man that I talked with on the phone? Where is the actual owner of the phone? Believe me, nothing was going to be able to stop me from getting the answers to all of these questions....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Heyyy!
I hope that you'll enjoy the story! I worked hard on it so don't hesitate to comment and to vote!