Chapter V - You Can't Escape Me

"You and I walk a fragile line
I have known it all this time
But I never thought I'd live to see it break
It's getting dark and its all too quiet
And I can't trust anything now. And its comin' over you like its all a big mistake"

- Haunted, Taylor Swift

_____________________________________________________________________________

Looking in the mirror, Anne feels like she aged.  She combed her black raven hair as she readied herself to bed. Her mind keeps back with her last conversation with Henry.

'---Everything will be worth it.' Henry said with his blue eyes full of conviction.

But she knows, his conviction, his love is easy to sway. The flashback the last time she saw Henry in her past life.

"Henry, please talk to me.  What is wrong?" Anne begged Henry.

She has a feeling if Henry leave now, she will lost everything.

Their outing was supposed to be a family vacation, to rekindle the love that is fading away as Lady Jane Semour slowly getting Henry's heart and attention and her failure to give Henry's heir, a son.

Duke of Sutton, Charles, Henry's bestfriend invaded their vacation, after he talked to Henry.  Henry abruptly looked at her with fury and distrust.

Anne didn't know what happen or what did Charles said to Henry.  

''How could you to this to me!?" Henry slapped Anne and she was thrust in the floor. 

Anne did not care if her right cheek and body is hurt.  She was desperate to know what is happening.  She's crumbling inside, she's afraid, very afraid that she will lose everything.

"What are you talking Henry? Please enlightened me." She tried to hold Henry's arms but he removed it fast, and looked at her with anger and disbelief.

"You witch! You disgust me! Slut! Whore!
 I regret breaking my marriage for you! I should have listen to them, you are only good to be a mistress, never a wife." 

A bluest eyes with full of regrets.

When Anne saw regrets in Henry's eyes, she embraced herself and cried.

That's when she gave up.  She realized she lost her battle, their battle of 10 years.

Anne didn't know that she's already crying. Remembering their last conversation, she knows that she cannot bear to be in the same situation.  She cannot look in the eyes of Henry with full of regrets again. It shattered her.

Anne knows living her second chance won't be easy. She needs to think a way to divert Henry's attention but knowing him for a decade, Henry won't stop until he claims her. 

Anne knows the more she push Henry, the more he will keep close the distance between them.  She needs to think fast. She feels like she's a deer running from its hunter.

A knock on the door snap her from reverie.

Lola with a pleasant big smile greeted her. "Lady Anne, there's a missive for you." Lola happily skips and give the missive to Anne.

Anne inspects the missive, she has no idea where it come from. She is certain that it is not from Henry because the missive from Henry comes with a jewelries and flowers.

"Lady Anne, please open it. I'm excited. Is it from the King? or the Duke?", Lola said dreamily.  "You are very lucky. You will be married to a titled man and will live comfortably."