Chapter XXIV - We Made It

Ain't nothing better
We beat the odds together
I'm glad we didn't listen
Look at what we would be missing

They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong

I'm so glad we made it
Look how far we've come, my baby

-You're Still The One, Shania Twain

..................................................................................

Anne never thought that she could be happy, never in this lifetime but God really orchestrated something miracle in her life.

She is walking towards a small cottage in Cambridge estate.  The place is beautiful, there are cornelia and tulips planted in the garden and they started blooming, you can smell their marvelous scent in the air.  It makes Anne immensely happy.

She entered the small cottage and saw Henry in front of the fireplace reading story to their children, Elizabeth and Edward.  Their children are their life miracles. Anne almost cried when she remembered that she almost gave this up in the past. She was glad she took the leap, gave her and Henry a chance to re-write their story.

Henry sensed her wife, his eyebrows creased as he notice his wife tears.  He immediately went to her and embrace her.

"What's wrong love? Are you hurt? Tell me." Anne sobbed and hugged Henry back, she sniffed into his chest. "OH..My... I am sorry, I ruin your dress."

Henry chuckled and cupped her face.

"It's okay, love." Henry kissed her forehead. "He's really making you emotional."

"Me too! I want hug and kisses, Mother and Father." Elizabeth hugged her parents thighs.

"Stop it Lizzy! You're hurting the baby." Edward hurriedly went to his mother and tried to cover the big stomach of his mother with his two small hands.  Henry and Anne chuckled with the sweetness of Elizabeth and over protectiveness of Edward.

Princess Elizabeth is now 8 years old and Prince Edward, the next line in throne is already 6 years old. They are both looked like Henry, they both have the golden hair of the Tudors.

Prince Edward of Wales, he is stubborn and smart like his mother.

She is now carrying their third child, she knew that it is another boy and they will name her Prince Henry, Duke of Sussex.

Elizabeth and Edward continue to argued with each other.

"I wished that they will stay like this forever."

"Love, it is inevitable.  They will need to grow up, make mistakes and learn from them."

"I know...I just...They're growing too fast for my liking."

"Hmmmm." Henry embrace her from the back, they both watch their kids argue and made up.  Elizabeth and Edward called a truce, made up and hugged each other. "We can just make a lot of children so you won't be sad."

Anne playfully hit Henry's chest and Henry stopped her hands and kissed it.

"I am still pregnant and you're talking about another child.  You're unbelievable, Henry Tudor. And giving birth hurts a lot."

"Oh, my Love. You're a great mother, Anne.  You taught them so well."

Anne taught their children to love each other, because in the cruelty of this world, you should have each other backs. Family and blood should be always first to support and help you.

"I love you, Anne Boleyn, my wife, mother of my children and Queen of England."

Anne brought down Henry's lips towards hers and kissed him passionately.