Chapter VI - First Dance

Took you like a shot
Thought that I could chase you with a cold evening
Let a couple years water down how I'm feeling about you
(Feeling about you)
And every time we talk
Every single word builds up to this moment
And I gotta convince myself I don't want it
Even though I do (even though I do)

You could break my heart in two
But when it heals, it beats for you

- Back To You, Selena Gomez

...............................................................................

"You know it from the very beginning. You can't escape from me." Henry whispered to her ear.

She was frozen because she knew it deep inside her heart, she belongs to him.

Anne didn't know how Henry managed to move her and brought her in the center of the court. Henry kissed her hand and bowed to her.

"May I dance with you, my lady?" Henry couldn't contain his happiness that he will hold Anne in his arms for the first time.

Anne looked around the courtroom and notice that everyone is staring at them.

She knew that she cannot disrespect her King in front of these foreign people.

'Damn you Henry for putting me in this'

Henry smirked to Anne.  He needed to do this because he knew Anne will always find reasons and ways to escape from him.

Anne looked intently to Henry and put her right hand in his waiting hand. The moment their hands clasped, Anne felt that they were the only people in this room.  She was like transported at the beginning of their love story.  The passion and heat of love.

No vultures looking around.

"It is nice to finally hold you in my arms, Anne." Henry twirled Anne. "This is our firsts to many dance that we will share."

"This will be the last time, your Majesty."

Henry just smiled.  He was so intoxicated with Anne's scent.

"Anne, come back to England."

"You Majesty, Queen Claude..."

"I will talk to her.  You need to come back to England.  I'm getting madder as the time passed I couldn't see you." Henry cupped her checks. Showing her all his emotions.

Anne could see the love and lust in his eyes but she harden her resolve.  She cannot let him sway her.

"May I remind you, my King that you are married. We cannot be together.  I won't be your mistress." Anne removed Henry's hands.

Henry was so lost in the fire of Anne's eyes.  It was so captivating to watch as it continues to light the desires in his heart.

"I see no reason to go back in England unless for my marriage or maybe I could marry here in France. Just please Henry, stop this madness. This is not good for you, and England."

"You won't be my mistress."

"I'm grate--"

"Because you'll be my Queen."

Anne knew it was coming but she was still astounded.

'No, I cannot be in this situation again. I won't make it alive this time.'

Anne exhaled.

Henry did not expect the negative and unhappy reaction from Anne. He expected her to be overjoy but no. All the other woman he bedded was so happy when he asked them to become his mistress.  They received and accepted all his gifts.  All they want is King's attention and to share is bed. But Anne, she is so much more.  He is offering everything, to be his wife and queen but it doesn't seem to make her happy.