Chapter 32: It was a joke... kinda

- Xavier's POV

"Sir, you need to wake up. It's time to eat." 

I slowly open my eyes to see Tessa coming into the room with a tray that has soup and crackers on it. I try sitting up however my body feels like it has been hit by a damn truck. My head is throbbing so I clutch it on both sides. Tessa walks over to me giving me some pills and a glass of water. 

"Thank you Tessa, what time is it?" 

"It's 6:00 pm sir." I nod my head after taking the medicine and lean against the headboard. 

"Alright so tomorrow, the investors will be here at 2:00. I want the meeting-" 

"Xavier! Damn man... your amongst the living FINALLY!" Theo exclaims throwing my door open to my room. Once again, my head pounds by his thundering voice. I watch as Tessa walks over to him and whacks him on the back of the head. "Ouch woman, what was that for?"

Tessa glares at him while pointing at me. Tessa's spirit could match mine however watching a 5'2" woman try to scold you is like watching a chihuahua growl. I smile at Tessa while Theo apologizes and Tessa exits my room. Theo comes over to my bed and sits in a chair near by. 

"How you feeling man?" 

"Like shit." I deadpan watching him chuckle at me. 

"Well you look like it...However I have plenty of good news so your day is going to get better." I raise an eyebrow at him. "So first things first- the contract is signed and we closed our deal with the Russian investors." 

My head snaps up at him. "What do you mean the deal has been finalized? There coming tomorrow."

"Xavier, it's Saturday today. You've been passed out since yesterday." I close my eyes and run my fingers through my hair. It's Saturday... damn, was I that tired?

"Well, thank you... I'm surprised that they were willing to sign. They seemed adamant-" 

"Oh that's the better news, they signed for their shares for 5% less than we offered them." I cough while looking at him to confirm I heard him correctly which he nods to. 

"Why would they sign for less?"

"Ohhh now THAT I am going to let you see." I look at him confused as he gets up to grab my laptop and brings it back to me. 

He turns on the monitors to my living room and rewinds the video to the meeting. I see the investors sitting there when I see Theo... and my sweetheart? I look over to Theo with furrow eyebrows who just sits back down with a smug smile. I turn my attention back to the monitor and watch the meeting progress. Theo presents the contracts going through the deal with them. Heather sits beside him while watching the investors mumble back in forth. After Theo is done, he sets back down and the investors begin protesting signing it however Heather speaks up. The investors begin speaking in Russian which I don't understand however I can clearly see in the video that Heather's knuckles turn white. She knows Russian?? Theo ask if there are any concerns and one of the investors say something still in Russian however Heather answers back in Russian making everyone look at her. She stands up looking incredible. 

Understand something gentlemen, Mr. Sanford does not deal with partners and companies who he feels is not a good match. After our lovely discussion I am highly doubtful whether we should allow the closing of this deal.

She pauses while the investors look nervous at her. 

The deal has changed. Sign over the rights for 5% less or don't take the deal. The option is yours gentlemen.