Chapter 41: Morning after brings news

-Xavier's POV

I wake up hearing my phone vibrate on the night stand. I groggily flip over picking up my phone looking over at my phone. It's 4:03 am. Who the hell is calling me? I don't recognize the number. I decline the call and I'm about to flip back to her when the same number calls again. I decide to answer it.

"Sanford"

Xavier, tell me H is asleep..

Cami? I look over and see my angel's back. Her long golden hair laying everywhere. the sheet barely covering her ass. I continue to stare at her bare back and my thoughts wonder to our previous activities.

Xavier?

"Sorry Cami, yes." I hear her take a deep breath. "Cami, what is wrong?"

Michael... He-he broke out.

I abruptly sit up and get up from the bed looking back at Heather while I walk to the hallway gently closing the door behind me.

"When did this happen, how did it happen?" I hear her release a shaky breath.

Derek just called me to check on her. He said they were transporting him when he broke out. They haven't found him.

I grip the phone tighter and grit my teeth together. I can feel my muscles tense. I hear shuffling on the other end of the call. I peak my head back in the room to see her still laying exactly where I left her.

"Thank you for calling Cami."

Xavier, Protect her.

I disconnect the call walking back in to the room. I place the phone back on the nightstand and get back under the sheet. I lay my chest directly against her back and wrap my arm tightly around her encircling her stomach. She pushes her back farther into my heated chest. I stiffen a groan when her bare ass rubs against me. I kiss her shoulder blade refusing to release her. That fucker got free. I am not an idiot to believe we are safe. I need to protect her.

"Xavier, are you okay?" She whispers softly taking her hand rubbing it gently on my arm around her waist.

"I'm perfect sweetheart." I kiss her neck and feel her sigh. "Go back to sleep Angel."

I feel her nod. I pull her impossibly closer holding her firmly to me. I feel her warmth radiate into me alluring me into a slumber. I close my eyes and allow my mind to ease into oblivion. Her hair tickling my chest.

-Heather's POV

I hear my alarm go off. I gently reach over grabbing my phone but don't get far with a muscled arm holding my waist back. I giggle and reach as far as I can grabbing the phone. I turn off the alarm and look over my shoulder to see Xavier's eyes still closed. I turn around in his arm which once again pulls me impossibly closer to his chest. I then realize that we are both naked and I feel heat creep up my cheeks. I bite my lower lip and look down at his godly chest and chiseled abs. I allow my finger tip to trace the indents of muscles. I slightly jump when his hand quickly wraps around my wrist stopping my exploration. I look up to see his eyes darker and locked with my eyes. I gulp and bite my lip again.

"Sweetheart, are you ready for another round?"

I giggle and shake my head. He releases my wrist and I cup his cheek.

"Good Morning."

"Good Morning Love." I smile widely at the term of endearment. I see him smile and chuckle. He kisses my forehead. I close my eyes continuing to smile. "What time is it?"

I look over his shoulder to his clock letting him know we need to get up. He groans and continues to hold me making me laugh. He looks adorable with a pout. I kiss his pout making it turn into a smirk. He wraps a hand around my neck bringing me back in for a long heated kiss. I pull away and run to the bathroom. He chuckles and falls back on the bed. I close the door and realized he was looking at my naked ass jiggling. Perv. I find his robe on the door and wrap it around me. I smile softly go to the sink beginning to brush my teeth thinking about our incredible night.

I walk back out to see Xavier sitting on his bed in some sweatpants. He continues looking intently at his phone with a grave expression on his face. I walk slowly to him sitting down beside him. He turns his phone off and looks at me seriously. I gulp feeling nervous now. He takes both my hands in his rubbing the backs of them with his thumb.

"Xavier, what's wrong?" I ask timidly. I feel my breathing pick up when he hesitates.

"I found out that Michael..." He clears his throat and drops his head taking a deep breath. He looks back up into my eyes squeezing my hands. "Michael escaped."

Just like that, I feel all the color drain from my face. My body begins shaking and I feel my breathing pick up. Xavier tugs my hands making me fall into his chest where he wraps me into his frame. I close my eyes resting my head against his chest. His head laying in the crook of my neck. He escaped? He's coming for me..

"How?" I'm barely audible but Xavier heard me.

"He was in transport when he broke loose." He says pulling his head back. I feel his muscles are tense. I gently rub my hands up and down his arms. I feel his muscles relax slightly. "Love, I will NOT let anything happen to you. Do you understand me?"

I don't say anything which leads him to grip my chin making me lock eyes with his stealthy ones. I know he can see my teary eyes however his determination is clear as day. I nod slowly trying to reassure myself. He once again wraps me in a bear hug that I greedily accept. I wrap my arms tightly around his neck while his coil around my waist. He continues to hold me for a few minutes.

Knock Knock

"Sir, Miss Taylor is here to see Miss Heather." Leo says through the door.

I take a deep breath and pull back. Xavier looks at my face with concern. I give him a nod and a soft smile. He kisses me slowly allowing my body to relax. He picks us both up walking us towards his closet. I open my eyes and realize the previously empty side of the closet has been filled with outfits. I walk over allowing my fingers to run along the fabrics. He stands to the side watching me with his arms crossed. His bare chest on display looking like he just walked out of a damn catalog.

"I had some items bought. They are all for you love." I smile at him shaking my head. Crazy man...

"Thank you Xavier, you didn't need to."

"I didn't need to... but I wanted to." He walks over wrapping me securely in his embrace. I once again feel his touch sooth my nerves. He kisses me before walking over grabbing his own clothes. I find a fitted floral skirt with a light pink spaghetti strap top to wear with it. I walk out of the closet as Xavier is walking out of the bathroom. He stops in his tracks and looks me up and down. I see his jaw tighten making me wonder if something is wrong with the outfit. I look down and then back up but he is already in front of me. I gasp as he pulls me into his chest diving his lips onto mine. The kiss is greedy, passionate, and possessive. I give back just as much. He pulls away still holding my sides tightly. "You look sensational sweetheart."

"Thank you." I kiss his nose making him chuckle. He unlocks his arms from around me but interlaces our fingers leading me out of the room. We get to the kitchen to see Luca sitting beside Cami eating. Leo is by the stove while Tessa finishes cooking. I smile at them. Luca sees me and bolts out of his chair to run to me. I gather him in my arms. and hug him tightly while Xavier wraps his arm around my waist. I look up to see all eyes on us.

"I feel left out." Cami whines and pouts making Luca wiggle out of my arms before he runs back to her. She quickly opens her arms and he jumps in them. I chuckle while still standing there looking at them. Xavier's arm securely still around me. Leo walks over handing both of us a cup of coffee. I give a gentle smile and he nods his head.

We all sit down to eat including Tessa and Leo making them both give Xavier questionable looks. He nods and they sit down hesitantly. After a few minutes however they relax and we all continue breakfast. We're all laughing and chatting when a new presence is made.

"Why wasn't I invited??"