- 11 -

"What?" 

I yank back my hand, standing firmly in my place.

"There's a small issue we have to handle," Elijah states calmly.

"And I have to go, why?" I raise a brow, "You are aware that's the place I ran from, right?"

"Yes, Princesa, we'll explain later." Cole places one of his large hands on the small of my back.
(Princess)

Unfortunately, this causes my firm stance to weaken and he easily escorts me out of the office into the elevators. We stand in the elevator, quiet. No one speaks, not even Elijah. The air wasn't tense, the words that had to be exchanged were already spoken. However, the silence still wasn't one of comfort. 

As we leave the elevator, I let my mind wander to my mother. If she was dead or alive was not a question I really cared about having the answer to. My heart hurts slightly at the fact that it had to come to this.

Things could have been so different

I will never understand why she took that direction. That is something I'll have to come to terms with on my own.

Mother

Was just a title now. It meant nothing. It has no value. 

The woman I called mother brought me life in this world just to make me wish I never had it. It's crazy if you think about it. How ironic the whole situation is. I'd find it humorous if I wasn't the one living it. 

Getting into the vehicle, I sit next to Cole. Elijah across from Cole.

They begin talking amongst each other, about other affairs that needed to be handled. They did not talk about why we were going 'home'. 

I don't really care, I have a good guess anyway

My thoughts are again consumed:

I don't have a home. I don't have a place that I can call a safe haven. There is no place in this world that I long to be. I feel like I should be more heartbroken than I currently am. 

But I'm not

What does that mean? Does that mean I'm numb? Do I want to be numb?

In order to answer that last question, I must first remember how I felt before the crash. Happiness is all that comes to mind. The quiet distant laughter of my younger self is all that I can picture. I'm slightly angry at myself for all the times I cried back then. 

Back then I didn't know true sorrow.

I shouldn't have taken those times for granted, but it's not my fault. One day I'm playing with barbie dolls and the next I'm attending two funerals. I couldn't have seen it coming. 

The car halts, signaling that we have arrived at our designation.

The boys get out of the car. Cole turns and offers me his hand. A small smile makes it's way to my face. I'd blush if I wasn't in such a bad mood. 

Elijah kicks open the door. Which I'm pretty sure was unnecessary because the lock is broken. 

Mother slammed my head into it during one of her beatings. It shifted the knob sideways so now it doesn't lock right. Pain is triggered in the back of my head at that thought. 

I can smell the distinctive beer stench that embraced the walls. I would say about five bodyguards were stationed outside of the house. I walked in after Cole, looking around slowly. The bathroom door still open. I catch a glimpse at the red floor. Phantom pain can be felt from my thigh.