- 23 -

Again

I find myself in his arms; content and happy

Of course, my mind has to ruin it. I start thinking about what has to be done today. Soon the public will find out Braxton is dead. People will start talking, and the people involved will start running.

I roll over, facing the devil wrapped in silk. Today it was my turn to kiss his head and leave the bed empty.

"Where are you going?" His god-like voiced rasped in contrary to his devil-like looks.

"I'm afraid I've got things to do and people to see," I smile, skipping to the bathroom.

"You have people to do? Am I on that list?"

Oh, darling, you're at the top of it

***

Deja Vu

I'm in my closet, unsure of what to wear - again.

I quickly decide on some work out attire having no expectation of working out once I got to the gang house.

"Cole!" I call out, walking into the bedroom. He hums in response walking out of his closet.

Walking out of his closet topless, may I add

I glue my eyes to his face. Fighting not to trail down is tattooed laced skin.

"I'm done," I state simply.

If we're being honest I really didn't have a reason to call him anyway.

"Te ves hermosa como siempre, Princesa," His eyes trail down my body shamelessly and I'd be lying if I said I mind.
(You look beautiful as always, Princess)

"Eyes up here," I joke, grabbing my things and heading to the door. Cole follows behind me, finishing the last button on his shirt.

"I can't help myself."

Like the gentleman he is, he holds the door open for me. I flash a shy smile and mutter a thank you. We walk into the elevator in silence, going down the elevator in silence, and walk to the car in silence. 

"What do you have planned today?" I ask once we get seated in the car.

"Elijah and I have to hire a new person to run that club," He sighs.

I can tell that this is draining him.

"Why do you think they betray you like this?" It's a juvenile question, one I know he doesn't have an answer to. I only ask because I want to know where his mind is, see what he's thinking. He thinks for a second, shifting his gaze towards me. 

"The want for power can be a controlling thing," His voice is calm, "I'd be lying if I said I didn't understand. No one wants to be bossed around all their life. At least not anybody with a sense of respect,"

"How do you know who you can trust now?"

"I don't. I never have," He murmured, "My father was a wise man, with wise words. He told me this would happen, every leader goes through this,"

"Goes through what?"

"A test of loyalty. It's a dark time of looking behind your back, hurting people's feelings. A lot of deaths have to be brought to attention before the light shows at the end of the tunnel,"

The ring that was in my sports bra becomes hot again. I brought this conversation up to ease my conscience, but it only made my heart hurt. I hated keeping it from him, but I know this will only stress him out. Out of everything going on in his life right now, I want him to never have to question my loyalty.