- 38 -

BANG

"Sorry," I reveal myself from around the corner. "But I don't really do the whole negotiating thing." 

I admire the precise wound I made in the man's forehead. I've definitely gotten better at that. The shocked faces on the men around him don't last long. They gather whatever was near and start towards me. Let me just say, there were a lot more men there than I originally thought. 

With the men no longer worrying about the little girl. She shoots me a quick teary-eyed look then bounds out of the door. I seem to see her eyes when I blink. 

I'm glad I could help

The first man comes at me with a chair. I shoot through it and although it doesn't break the chair it hits the man's neck. I grab the chair from his hands as he falls; immediately swinging it towards another person running up. 

Instantly regretting my shoe choice now

As I try to dodge the men coming from all around, the height of my heels becomes very apparent. I feel like an insecure skyscraper. 

"Such a pretty girl." 

A voice behind me cuts through the chaos-filled air.

"Why don't you get yourself a nice, good boy," I turn around to face the man, not recognizing him from anywhere.

"Good boys aren't any fun." I pout sarcastically.

This man was nowhere near as young as the others. He was mature and held a type of posture that told me he was not here to fight with me. 

Not physically at least

I tried to squeeze myself out of my shoes. Silently cursing myself for tying them so goddamn tight. The man didn't seem to notice my struggle, he was too focused on my chest. The other men in the room seem to stop their struggle to get to me as well. 

That's when it clicked: He's obviously the boss. The tattoo told me what gang they were in.

"Mr. Cazadores?" I question.

"Ah, smart girl," He coos, his men pulling a seat out for me and him. He takes it as I continue to stand.

"Please, take a seat," He gestures to the chair across the table. 

"With all due respect," I state declining the chair again, "I've been kidnapped before. I won't be going through it again, so let's just skip to the killing part," 

A large man behind me pulls me into the chair. I whip around to face him. 

"Touch me like that again I'll cut your fucking hand off," I spit, the man laughs. 

The anger rises within me quickly. If I've found anything out about myself is that I hate being underestimated. I slam one of my hands on the table, the other goes under the table untying the strings on my heels. 

"You're slowly pissing me off, I suggest if you have a family you want to get home to you'll speak quickly," 

Cazadores' face does not shift as he still holds his amusement in his eyes. 

"I have a proposal," He finally states calmly.

"Fuck your proposal," I remove one of the shoes from my feet. 

Where is Cole?

He chuckles lightly, "Lord you're a character," 

His accent seeping through his words.

"Loverboy out there is working his ass off to fight his way in here to you," His voice cools, "I would hate for him to have to see your bloody body laying in here waiting for him," 

He takes a sip of what I assume an alcoholic drink, stirring the ice slightly. 

The corner of my mouth twitches at the threat. Through one of the men's sunglasses, I can see the gun being pointed at the back of my head. I grip my heels tighter, moving forward in my seat. 

"Try me," I scoff, "Bitch." 

I can tell he didn't expect me to respond with that. None of them did. As soon as I knew the trigger wasn't going to be pulled, I throw myself backward. 

Tipping the chair, I keep my hold with my legs. Swinging it into the man's body behind me. 

Somewhere in-between my little somersault with the chair, I manage to chuck the heel at Cazadores. The heel shatters his glass striking him in the chin. With a satisfied grin, I pull my gun from where I stashed it between my thigh and shoot the man under me. 

One in the face 

One in the hand 

"That's for pushing me." 

The others were too busy tending to their boss to run after me. A loud bang at the front of the restaurant made that not matter anymore. Yelling and cussing soon follow after. The men were no longer worried about me, but about the pissed off gangleader coming to raise all kinds of hell. 

I don't even try to hide the smile on my face.

"Now!" Cole voice quickly nears the main dining room, "You've pissed me off," 

Ah, I love it when he talks like that. He just looks so sexy. 

The first thing I see is his raging blue eyes. They resembled the fire of hades at this moment. His jaw clenched tightly, he could slit their throats with just that. His fiery eyes lock with mine. 

He then looks around at all the bodies on the floor, then at Cazadores clutching his face in pain. 

"You did all of this?" He asks.

I smile, nodding.

"Good job, baby." 

I walk over to him, sliding the other heel off of my foot. 

"Now, once we finish the job I'll get you something to eat." He kisses me on the forehead, pulling the gun from his waistband. 

Cole and his men open fire on the rest of the restaurant. The only people in it were Cazadores, his men. I, however, I walk back up to Cazadores. Without all his men around, he was laying on the floor gasping for breath. The puddle of blood gradually increasing around him. 

"Excuse me," I bend down to meet him, "But I actually really like these heels, so I'm gonna need them back," 

I pull the heel out of his chin. Knowing that I can't wear them again. I'm not gross, he just can't have them. 

"Such a shame," I gaze at the blood littered heel, "I gave you an opportunity to walk away. Whether it was your ego or just plain ignorance, you took me for a bluff." 

I straighten up, making my way back to Cole. His proud smirk very evident on his face. Once I met Cole's arms, I turn around one last time to look at the man on the floor. 

"I did enjoy our small banter?" I taunt, "If you survive, come find me. Then we might be able to talk to about your proposal," I wink, continuing out the door. 

"Harrison!" Cole barks from behind me. His hand rested on my back as we make it out of the building. 

"Call someone to clean this up, and mark it in the records." 

The boy, who I assume is Harrison, mumbles a quick "Yes Sir" and walks away. The silence is cut by Cole's small chuckle. 

I glance at him, "What?" 

"Who knew trouble could be so goddamn fine?"