Ch. 2 Who do you love?

Twilight_Hime10: In this story, Stefan and Edward are the same "breed" of vampires. The reason Stefan doesn't "sparkle" like Edward and his family is because of the Daylight Ring. The Daylight Ring helps Stefan blend in with the humans. That is why Stefan has his human eyes, which are a forest-green color instead of the usual red or golden-colored eyes.

Also, Stefan has a supernatural ability since most of the characters in Twilight have secret talents. I have decided that Stefan is going to be the only vampire that has the power of Mind compulsion. It is a rare gift and rather dangerous since Stefan can command humans, vampires, and other supernatural creature with just a stare. Stefan doesn't like using his power, but he would only use it in case of emergency. And like Edward, Stefan's ability won't work on Bella because of her mental shield. 

Not only that, Stefan's Ripper self is going to come out when he feels as though his mate is in danger. (Kind of like Jasper's Major persona.) 

~*~ 

It is September 16th, 2005, which is a Friday. 

A young male vampire with spiky dark blonde hair and forest-green eyes is quietly sitting on his bed at the Salvatore Boarding House in Mystic Falls, Virginia. The young man is Stefan Salvatore, and he is contemplating whether or not he should leave his hometown.

The reason Stefan is thinking about leaving Mystic Falls is that last night, Stefan came home from hunting. Inside the house, Stefan was going to his bedroom to "rest" when he hears voices coming from the living room. Stefan followed the sound, and he was going to enter the room, but he stopped himself due to witnessing something that shattered his dead heart. What Stefan saw is his mortal girlfriend, Elena Gilbert kissing his older brother, Damon Salvatore on the lips. 

The sound of a fist slamming against the wall grabbed Elena and Damon's attention. The couple pulled away, and they turned their heads to see Stefan looking at them with a heart-wrenching expression. 

Elena's eyes widened as her heart skipped a beat when she saw Stefan looking at them

" How long?" Stefan mouths out to them. 

No words came out of Elena's mouth because she is speechless that Stefan saw her and Damon kissing. 

Stefan's forest-green eyes narrowed in anger. 

" How long have you two secretly been together?!" Stefan lividly snaps, which causes Damon to stand between him and Elena. 

" Stefan," Damon's icy blue eyes sternly stared at Stefan. " Do not shout at her," Damon warns Stefan, feeling protective of Elena. 

" Damon," Elena whispers, feeling a bit worried since she didn't want the Salvatore brothers to hurt one another. 

Stefan stares at Damon with betrayal. 

" Why?" Stefan whispers, feeling heartbroken that Damon would kiss his girlfriend. " Why did you kiss her?!" Stefan angrily shouts as he runs up to Damon, and he grabs his older brother by the collar as he pins him against the wall, creating a dent. 

Elena's eyes widened when she saw Stefan pinning Damon against the wall. Elena runs up to the Salvatore brothers as she puts her hands on Stefan's back. 

" Stefan. Please, let go of him!" Elena cries out. 

Stefan turns his head back to stare at Elena with a furious expression. Elena's heart skipped a beat as she stares at Stefan with a scared expression since she has never seen the male vampire look this angry. 

" Elena," Stefan intently stared at the female mortal. " Who do you love?" Stefan asked Elena, which caught the young woman by surprised. 

Elena glanced at Damon, who is looking at her in the eyes. Elena looks back at Stefan as she lightly grasped his shoulders with her hands. 

" I love Damon, Stefan," Elena confessed. 

Stefan slowly loses his grip on Damon when he hears that Elena loves his older brother. Damon turns his gaze to Stefan, staring at him with a mixture of emotions. 

" Stefan. Elena is my mate," Damon confessed. " That is why I kissed her. I couldn't stand seeing you two together," Damon honestly tells his younger brother. 

Stefan pulls his hands to his sides as he stood there with a blank expression. Stefan couldn't believe what he is hearing. 

Elena is my mate. 

That is why I kissed her.

I couldn't stand seeing you two together.

Elena turned to look at Stefan with a worried expression. Elena felt terrible for hurting Stefan's feelings since the male vampire has treated her with love and affection. Elena's hand reached out to Stefan, and she was about to touch his shoulder, but Stefan quickly left the living room, leaving her and Damon by themselves. 

A knock on the door brought Stefan back to reality. Stefan stands up, and he walks towards the door. Stefan opens the door, and he stays quiet when he sees Elena standing outside of his room. 

" Elena," Stefan whispers. 

" Stefan. I'm sorry," Elena apologizes. " I-I should have told you how I felt. Last night, I was waiting for you to come home. I was going to tell you if it is okay we can be friends, but then Damon saw me, and he kissed me," Elena confessed. 

Stefan looked at Elena, and he faked a smile. 

" It's okay, Elena," Stefan gently placed his hands on Elena's shoulders, which causes the young woman to look at him. " All that matters is that you are happy," Stefan looks at Elena in the eyes. 

" Stefan," Elena whispers.  

" I do not mind being friends with you," Stefan tells Elena. " And besides we are someday going to be family because you are Damon's mate," Stefan continues to give Elena a fake smile. 

Elena smiles a little, feeling glad to hear that Stefan is going to be her friend. 

Stefan pulls his hands back to his side.

" I should get going. I have a lot of stuff to do today," Stefan tells Elena, and he quickly walked passed her as he leaves the Salvatore Boarding House to Mystic Falls Cemetry.