Ch. 6 Your daughter is missing

The plane safely lands at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. Stefan and Caroline got out of the airplane, and they walked towards the baggage claim. Stefan grabs both of their luggage as he walks with Caroline to the bus station since they are going to the nearest car dealership to buy a car to take to Forks. Once the bus arrives, Stefan and Caroline got inside, and they sat next to each other. Stefan glanced at Caroline, and he noticed that his best friend is nervously biting her lips. 

" What's wrong, Care?" Stefan softly asked Caroline. 

Caroline turns her head to look at Stefan. 

" It's been almost five years since I last saw Uncle Charlie and Bella," Caroline tells Stefan. " W-What if they don't want me to live with them?" Caroline nervously asked. 

Stefan's expression softens. 

Stefan gently placed his left hand on Caroline's head, and he softly ruffles her blonde hair. 

" From hearing your Uncle's voice through the phone. I can tell that he is happy that you are going to live with him and his daughter," Stefan tells Caroline. " And besides, I am going to buy myself a house there, and you are welcome to stay whenever you want," Stefan smiles at Caroline. 

Caroline smiles back at Stefan. 

" Are you planning to compel the realtor to give you a house?" Caroline curiously asked Stefan. 

" Care. You know I don't like using my power. It feels wrong manipulating someone," Stefan whispers. 

" I know, but someday your power might come in handy. It might even save a life," Caroline tells Stefan as she turns her head away, and she sees the car dealership in the distance. 

Stefan hummed.

' The only reason I got this power is that when I was a human. I lived at a time where I got everything that I wanted just by looking at someone. I came from a wealthy family, so I always believed that I could get anything that I wanted by innocently staring at them,' Stefan tells himself. 

' After becoming a vampire and learning that I can control people as well as other vampires by looking at them. I felt powerful, but then after befriending someone, and selfishly using my powers on them, I realized my mistake. I noticed I made my friend unhappy, even though she didn't realize it. She will always tell me that something was missing from her life. I let her go, and since then, I decided to stop using my power and only use it for emergencies,' Stefan quietly stared at Caroline. 

" I have decided that I'll use my charm on the realtor so that I can get a house. I will, of course, give them money," Stefan tells Caroline. 

Caroline smiles at Stefan. 

" That's good," Caroline tells Stefan. " Well. There's the car dealership," Caroline stands up as she grabs a cord, which made a ringing sound, and the bus stops. 

Caroline walked out of the bus with Stefan following behind her. They walked towards the car dealership as they enter the property, and they began looking for a car to take to Forks. Thirty minutes later, the two friends agreed on getting the latest Nissan, which is the 2005 black Nissan Altima. 

" Look! There's a car salesman," Caroline turns her head to the right, and she sees a man dressed in formal wear walking towards them. 

Stefan turns his head to look at the car salesman. Stefan smiles, and the two men begin to talk while Caroline innocently turned her head away since she had a feeling that Stefan is going to charm the salesman to give them the car. Caroline blinks when she hears her name, and she turns her head to look at Stefan.