Chapter thirty nine-Too much

I practically ran home; hot tears streaming down my face. How could Blair do this to me? I loved her, still love her.

Opening the front door I rush into the kitchen gulping down the glass of water I just poured.

I heard someone enter the room but didn't want to turn around. All I want to do is be huddled up in my room and hope that everything goes away.

"Addison are you okay?" Marcus carefully asked walking more into the kitchen.

Turning around slowly I can see the worry on his face.

"I can't believe Blair would cheat on me," I sobbed.

"She cheated?" Marcus said questioningly sounding confused. He walked up to me wrapping me into a comforting hug. Marcus ran his hand up and down my back letting me cry. He occasionally said things like 'It'll be okay' and 'Maybe there's a reason'. I didn't want to believe that there is a valid reason. She cheated on me. How could I trust her?

My tears stained his top as we pulled away.

"Good thing all my clothes are pretty much black," he said jokingly trying to lighten the mood.

I wiped tears away seeing the smudge of black mascara and eyeliner on my hand. Looking at his top it was, in fact, black so I at least know I haven't ruined something else. Maybe I should've let Blair explain herself. Marcus could've had a point.

"Sorry," I whispered.

"You have nothing to be sorry for," Marcus replied with a small smile.

"Now go upstairs take a nice hot shower and I'll bring you up one of my special hot chocolates," he ordered so there was no room to refuse.

***

I felt slightly better being all cosy in my pyjamas when I heard a knock on my bedroom door.

Opening the door Marcus walked in with two hot chocolates in his hands and sweets balancing on his arms.

"Help please before I drop everything," he begged struggling to keep everything balanced.

I put the hot chocolates down on my bedside table as he dumped the sweets on my bed.

"What's all this for?" I asked looking at everything.

"I'm not leaving you by yourself to wallow in your room alone, except for a second" he replied quickly heading out the room.

Once he was back in the room he had his laptop held in his hands. We shoved loads of pillows and blankets onto my bed. Settling ourselves down Marcus opened up his laptop revealing a picture of him and Kyle out somewhere. Looking at Marcus I could see him blushing slightly then quickly logging on. It's great how happy they are, why couldn't Blair and I?

Going onto Netflix we selected a film. The rest of the evening I spent chatting with Marcus, eating sweets and watching films.

***

The next day I woke up and as soon as my mind registered that it's a new day memories of last night came flooding back into my mind. My head is banging from being upset and a slight hangover. Getting up I sluggishly made my way downstairs and into the kitchen.

Grabbing a glass of water and getting some paracetamol I took two then drank the water. Mum came into the room with a bright smile.

"Why are you so happy?" I asked looking at her.

"Because everything is fantastic the baby is fine, your dad won another one of his cases and it's nearly December," my mum exclaimed randomly.

"Okay well I have a headache and want to be in my bed," I replied going back up to my room.

***

When I woke up for the second time today I could hear voices downstairs. Very familiar voices. My mum and Blair. Quickly shoving on some clothes I picked out a pair of ripped jeans and a Fall out boy band t-shirt. Brushing my hair I rushed downstairs seeing mum and Blair.

"Why are you here?" I asked with a blank expression.

"I need to explain," Blair replied sorrow laced into her voice.

"You cheated on me there's no excuse for that," I retorted.

Mum seeing that it was awkward for her to be here left going into a different room.

"I know. I know. Look it was all getting too much after being outed and the stalker. So I fucked up again like I always do," she said tears forming in her eyes.

"Did you even like him? Why would you kiss him and not talk to me?" I asked trying not to let the tears stream down my face.

"No. No. I love you," she protested letting her tears fall "I was drunk and stupid. The stalker was on my mind and I got dared to."

"I don't believe you. You said you loved me. I can't believe that I was so fucking stupid in thinking that you'd actually fall for someone like me. So, get out I don't want to see you anymore. Make sure you leave me alone," I retorted my voice going slightly high at the end.

The stalker got what they wanted. Blair and I are officially over.

Blair reluctantly nodded shutting the front door behind her.

I never want to see her again.

And then I let the tears fall.

———

Hi, thank you if you have read this chapter. Also thx for the comments and votes.

:)