Part 15

"Bells. Hey, wake up."

I stirred into waking and the first thing I saw was a white shirt, then a spot of drool.

"Huh?" I open my eyes fully and realise I was asleep splayed across Thomas's chest.

And he was already awake, looking down at me with a humorous glance as he smiles a little sheepishly.

I blush from our proximity and sit up, scooting away from him and pulling the blanket to wrap around myself.

"Sorry, Isabelle, but I realise it's nearly midnight. I should get you back to your room."

"Sorry about that, your highness."

"It's alright, I fell asleep too. A maid had just come to clean things up."

I look around and see the popcorn had been cleared and the tv screen shut off.

I wait for the prince to say something more but he just chuckles and gives me a smile, "I'm glad you were feeling comfortable though."

I bury my head into the blanket to avoid his tormenting gaze.
"You can't say anything, you happened to fall asleep too." I tease, then shrink back a little, hoping the prince doesn't get offended.

I don't know him well enough to know if he can have playful banter or if he's just strictly formal in conversation.

But the prince smiles softly, and I even notice a slight rosy hint to his cheeks. Was he embarrassed about falling asleep.

He nods with a smile, "You're right. Don't worry about it. It was kind of cute anyway."

I let out some sort of embarrassed squeak. The prince thought me drooling on him was cute?

"Well I feel like since you are royalty I should apologise for uh, ruining your shirt."

He looks down then, as if finally noticing the spot of drool and oh my he laughs. The prince is laughing as I feel like dying with embarrassment.

"Stop laughing." I say hurriedly, smiling as I swat at him with the corner of the blanket I'm wrapped in.

That just makes him laugh harder.

He even wipes imaginary tears of laughter from his eyes just to rub it in.

"Thomas stop it!"

He lets up, "I'm just teasing. Not to worry. I didn't even notice before. Now, it's getting late and I should probably escort you back to your room before another maid comes looking for us."

I nod, although feeling disappointed we have to go. I can't believe I spent most of our time together sleeping.

He stands first, retrieving his blazer and shrugging it back on over his shoulders. He then turns back to me.

We both put our shoes back on.

"Shall we go? I don't wish to leave you here all night Isabelle."

"I suppose." I say, reluctantly standing up and leaving the blankets behind, "Thank you for the evening."

"I suppose next time we can do something less boring for you. Perhaps an exhilarating horse ride? Or bowling? What do you think?"

"Next time? Are you already inviting me out again your highness?"

"Would you want that Bells?"

"I wouldn't be opposed. Thomas. Can I call you that or must I be formal."

"I only require a formal address in public. You may call me whatever you wish."

"Thomas it is then." I say, then tap my chin, "But it is quite a long name. Tom then I suppose."