Part 28

Surprisingly enough, it wasn't too bad weather. For England, still being only 15 degrees. It had a hint of sun, strange since winter was barely a week or two away.

I was in a white day dress that wrapped nicely around the torso in layers and had my hair loose over my shoulders.

Today was basically a free day, but I already saw staff in prep for the winter festival in 2 weeks.

Prince Thomas had asked at breakfast if I could meet him for a chat later on after he had a meeting.

So before lunch I made my way up to his room right on time, knocking softly on the door.

A moment of shuffling came from within the room before the door swung open to reveal the prince.

"Bells." He greeted with a cheery smile, "You're looking very pretty today. White suits you."

I blushed slightly from his compliment, "Thank you." I looked down to my feet and eyed my silver slip on shoes nervously.

I was happy he was calling me Bells again.

"Come in." He held the door open wider and allowed me to enter into his room.
I stepping inside, watching him gesture for me to take a seat so I plant myself on the edge of his bed, the comfy sheets soft against my legs.

"What have you been up to?" I ask Thomas, looking to see his desk was filled with bits and bobs from different projects.

"I'm still working on the painting for Charlotte, I think it will be her Christmas gift, but I've been also having to prep for the winter festival and think about the selection going on." Thomas looked to his work, running a hand swiftly through his muddy coloured hair.

He turned to face me and gave me a heart melting kind of smile.
So I guess we were all good then.

"What happened to Penny then?" I asked the prince and he sighed.

"I had to send her home. There was no way for me to keep her. She was stealing from us, my sisters jewellery, and many other expensive pieces. I had no other choices really." He said sadly and I kinda felt a little sad too.

I patted the spot on the bed beside me and Thomas came and sat.

"So, what do you have to plan for this winter festival?" I ask the prince.

He shrugs, "Boring stuff mostly, but my parents want to get me used to planning and organising events. A lot of choosing this or that. Decorations, cakes and themes. Nearly every room of the palace needs designing."

"That sounds like fun, I love decorating." I say and Thomas smiles at my enthusiasm.

"Well maybe you could help me out, see that booklet over there, that's all the options. Grab it and we can take a look." The prince points to the workbook sitting on his desk.

I get up to go and collect it when I notice what had happened. I felt it all sticky first before I turned to confirm my worst nightmare.

I had my period. Right through my white dress. Right onto the Prince's bed sheets.

I had been so distracted coming to the palace, being in the selection, I'd forgotten to keep track of my period.

"Oh my god Thomas I am so sorry." I say, feeling tears pricking in my eyes, "Sorry, sorry."

I was feeling panicky, flaming with embarrassment.

I feel it in my dress and look to see the bright red was extremely visible and soaked through my clothing. Yuck.

"Hey, Isabelle it's ok." The prince stands from where he sits and pulls me into a hug, stopping my panicking self from overreacting.
I feel like a child crying onto his shoulder, but he comforts me.