Part 45

Genevieve returned from her date with Prince Thomas grinning like a Cheshire Cat.
She even sent me a smile which made me uncomfortable and it was unusual how happy she was acting.

"Girls, I have an awesome place to show you." Genevieve announced to the room, "It's a wonderful hidden room, Thomas showed me it." She seemed excited and wanted to show us all. Some of the girls sent her curious looks.

Lexi rolled her eyes, "Count me out." And she left the room with Olive in toe.

As Hadley was now on a date with Thomas, it just left Harriet, Daisy, Lola, Natasha and I in the room with Gen.

Lola seemed intrigued and led the way, pulling Natasha along with her.
Daisy shrugged and followed after Genevieve so Harriet and I did so too.

I noticed we passed the kitchens and went further to the very end on the palace, a secret place I didn't know existed.

Gen showed us the hidden staircase and led as down through to the hidden room. The railing was dusty and I wondered if people even came down here a lot.
It was dark, but it was fun as we all laughed and chatted as a group. Genevieve didn't say much though, just glancing back to make sure she didn't loose any off us every once in a while.

Daisy was giggling and singing, "Hidden room, hidden room." And we were all laughing along.

Harriet took my arm and tried to reach the light, but just as she flicked the switch we saw Genevieve bolt out the door we came through.

She had a cunning, terrifying grin across her face as she left and slammed the door shut.
I felt my heart sink as I heard the lock click.

Daisy screamed and pounded her fist on the door, "This isn't funny Genevieve open the door." She tried the handle, just in case, but it was locked shut.

Genevieve let out a maniacal laugh from the other side of the door and it made me sick.

"Slit your wrists bitches."

After I had a moment to process what she said my vision went fuzzy and I leaned my weight to Harriet, "No!" I say in a panicked whisper, choking up, "No, it was Genevieve."

I felt like passing out and the girls crowded around me, but their talking sounded strange, like they were underwater.
It was like the person from my nightmares now had a face, a maniacal twisted face of Genevieve.

"It's ok Isabelle" I heard someone say and they were rubbing my arm gently. I was helped to sit down and I lent against the wall in defeat. The ground was ice cold and the lights were too bright.

Daisy tried to find something like water for me to drink but all she came up with was alcohol, "She locked us in the damn cellar." She says with a huff.

Honestly I feel so sick, terrified. Did Genevieve leave that letter too?

How long would it take someone to find us? They might take a while to realise we're gone. But it would take longer to find us in this place, the palace is huge.

I could barely make out the figure of Daisy sitting down beside me as tears blurred my vision.
"I've got you Izzy." Daisy took my hand in hers and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

At least I had some kind of comfort as I fell into a sleep full of nightmares.

✿✿✿

Despite dreaming unhappy dreams I didn't wake up screaming or sweating. My visions just blurred into black before I opened my eyes.