Epilogue - Part 1

Everyone was already crying. Elizabeth, both of my parents, the Queen of England. I had Queen Kate tearing up at the sight of me. It was such a precious moment and the wedding hadn't even started yet.
Many family members were in the back area with me as we waited for the time when I walk down the aisle. Guests were still entering and taking their seats, I was told.

The king and queen wished me the best of luck, with compliments on my dress before disappearing to go find their seats.

Isla was bouncing around in her dress, messing up her neatly done braid and crinkling her animated coral coloured dress as Elizabeth liked to call it. My bridesmaids, Isla, Charlotte and Elizabeth were all in matching sheath dresses with flower bouquets.

Princess Charlotte was adjusting the skirts of my long dress with fidgeting hands, glancing up and meeting my eyes with her glassy ones. She fixed my vail correctly in position and smiled, one of those genuine, over the moon smiles.

"You look incredible Izzy." Charlotte says and takes my hands in hers quickly, "My brother loves you so much, so this is going to be the best day for you I'm sure."

"I hope so." I say, knowing once the doors in front of me are pushed open I'll see the crowds of people and be revealed to Thomas, and the rest of the world who would be watching live.

Charlotte moved aside to chat to Elizabeth who was adjusting the sprig of leaves they all wore matching in their hair.

I felt butterflies, looking down at my freshly painted nails that I desperately wanted to start picking at, but I couldn't. The pearl nail polish was perfect, and complimented my dress well, along with the engagement ring sitting on my left hand. I held my bouquet in my hands delicately, admiring all the little flowers and leaves it had arranged in it, myrtle in the center.

My dress I was in love with.

The top section had lace in a flowery pattern, the style continuing on the long sheer sleeves. It had intricate detailing, down to the waist where it flared out a little, the skirt a pearly looking satin material running down to the floor. The back of the dress trailed back a bit when I walked, and the veil matched the lacy look of the dress as it was draped over my face.

We were told we had only a few minutes until the aisle walk and ceremony, so my nerves were increasing. Until I saw my dad. He calmed me down as he looked at me with his soft eyes and comforting smile.

"I can't believe this is the day. My first daughter to be married, and you're still so young." He said and I could see his eyes welling up again.

When everyone first saw my dress there was a significant number of happy, crying people, and I didn't want those floodgates to open again right now for my dad.

"Aw dad don't cry."

"You just look so beautiful and mature. Your such a strong, independent women now. I worry you won't have any use for having your old man around anymore."

"I will always need you dad." I say and he seems pleased I said that.

"I hope so. I know I won't see you as much, as your off with your prince, but you will always be my princess Iz, you know that don't you?"
I nod at my dad, giving his warm hands a gentle squeeze.

"Of course dad. I love you." I say, making sure not to shed any tears just yet, because I know once I see Thomas I won't be able to control the waterworks.