Chapter 18.

The knocks at my door are enough for me to scramble to my feet and quickly wipe the tears with my palm.

"Come in," I choke out making me clear my throat as the door opens to reveal my mother "Oh, hey mom," I whisper offering her a shaky smile.

"My baby," she whispers pulling me into a tight hug.

"Momma," I choke shaking in her hold as the tears slip down my cheeks and onto his expensive-looking dress.

"It's okay baby, I'm here, I'm right here," she whispers pulling us onto the bed "Everyone has been sent home, but they'll come back tomorrow so we can open up the gifts okay," she mumbles.

I nod since the tightening in my throat was making it very difficult to speak.

"And your other Spanish friends are sleeping in the spare bedrooms at the end of the hall alright," She whispers to me pulling me away from her body and smiling at me.

"Yep," I croak as she wipes away my tears and kisses my cheek, somewhere in-between our conversation we had moved to the headboard and slipped under the covers.

Mom got up ready to leave but I gripped her wrist tightly causing her to stop and turn tome.

"Don't leave me," I whispered to her as the tears fell like a waterfall "Please," I begged her making her smile and nod her head okay.

"Let me get changed and I'll be back," she says quietly making me nod, this time I watch as my mom leaves giving me a smile before closing the door.

I slowly get up from my bed and walk into my closet, stripping out of my dress I pull one of Vitale's large white shirts on and let my hair out of the messy bun, I grabbed some make-up wipes off the vintage desk and strolled bed into my bedroom.

I slip back into my warm bed and start wiping my face clean of make-up and throwing the wipes away into the disposable bin by my bed.

Once I had finished mom walks back in changed and cleaned up, she pulls the covers back and hops into the bed carefully before widening her arms for me.

Softly I push myself into her arms and silently cry in her embrace as she soothingly rubs her hand up and down my back while whispering sweet nothings in my ear.

"Sleep baby, just sleep," she whispers making my cries turn to sniffles, and slowly I drift to sleep at the sound of my mothers' soft voice.

****

"You okay," Boonie asked for like the seventh time today making me groan and slap a palm against my face.

"Yes, Boons for the Seventh time I'm fine," I laugh placing another chicken strip into my mouth.

"Okay, just asking," she replies.

"Everyone will be here soon, let's get ready," Santino mumbles standing from his spot pulling me up with him.

We walk towards our rooms and separate from there getting ready for the brunch.

I walk into my bathroom and hop into the shower lathering vanilla-scented body wash onto my body and apple-scented conditioner and shampoo into my hair.

After a good twenty minutes, I'm forced to leave my shower and to get dressed by my father,I wrap a blood-red towel around my body and walk out of the bathroom letting the steam float into my room.

Walking into the closet I pull a top off the hanger and some tights out of my draw followed by red laced undergarments and heels from the shoe shelf behind me before snapping a pic and sending it to Boonie who replies instantly with heart eyes and three red hearts.