Prologue

"Oh how I hate you..."

A photograph was knocked off of a shelf.

"You've caused this. You will pay"

"I don't let brats win."

"Daniella, clean that, then incinerate it."

"We are no more. We never have been anything. That will never change."

"Just watch me, Sierra."

(?-hunter)

---------------

Exerpt from chapter 1:

It was midnight. The dark enclosed most of Midway, Illinois, a small suburb. The most exciting thing to happen in the town was when Taylor Swift came there on a tour in 2011. Then again, said tour also included a majority of the States' suburbs.

Violet wasn't much for what loomed on in the day. She fantasized. Wrote music. Nothing more. Parkland Avenue was where she grew up, and lived to this day. Seventeen years and the place never ceased to amaze her. Granted, nobody lived in Midway. Maybe 300 people per graduating class, roughly 10,000 people. Small for a town near the capital.

Nobody expected what would happen on that night, November Eighteenth, Two-Thousand Twenty Three, at approximately Twelve O Two AM. A crack was heard

At first, it was small. Delicate and quiet, nobody heard. Under the cover of the night sky, nobody saw the black hole that emerged.

At Two-Twelve AM, it made the same noise.

Imagine paper tearing. Then put that noise through an amplifier used at a concert. For Slipknot, with distortion.

Anyone who heard it could describe it similarly. A tearing perhaps.

Nobody awakened, even at the colossal number it reached in decibels. Like a crowd cheering, but far, far, worse.

The night sky brightened, hinting at the morning light. It would still be hours before anyone knew what had happened. Before anyone saw the gargantuan amounts of damage done to the horizon.

With that notion, it ripped further. At approximately four fifty-six, it made its final evolution.

The citizens of Midway, Illinois, would wake up to a hole, no, a crater. A crater that made the earth seem like a knife had passed through the atmosphere.

There was a reason barriers weren't meant to be broken.

-----