Chapter Three

(Not my best work, kinda rushed. but here's chapter three!)

"I am completely and royally fucked," Violet thought to herself. She didn't know how she was going to face Sierra the next morning. Surely that was why Sierra was there.

Clouds rolled on in the distance, and the night settled in. Violet changed into a onesie and cuddled up in her sheets. She laid on her back, face to the ceiling, hair sprawled all over her pillows.

Her skylight showed the hole she had discovered. It remained the same size. Purples and blues flowed, like a black hole, burping up stars and planets.

Even the clouds rolling couldn't cover the hole. Violet felt guilty. Maybe her involvement caused this? Why could she even see it? How much of the story was true, after all?

With her overactive mind, she decided to get some shut-eye for the time being. 

Although far away, there was one person too eager to sleep.

"Madame," A young woman called.

"Yes..." An exhausted voice replied.

"..W..we...Found..Her....." The woman shook, nearly unable to finish her sentence.

"Use your words. Who is she?" The second voice nearly commanded.

"The one...the one you have been waiting for, my... lord." The shaking voice answered.

A chuckle was heard.

"Thanks." The 'lord' replied, "And it's queen. Lord is too masculine." She barked, and the shivering woman went back to cowering on her desk.

The faint clicking of heels could be heard, leaving the room.

In the midst, one word was heard.

Soon.

Violet awoke with a jolt. The bright sun shone through her curtains. Another day in hell it was.

Buzz Buzz

Her phone vibrated.

||Mari||

Driving ya today. Sierra's coming too.

||Violet||

Chill by me, amiga.

The truth was, since last night, Violet was anything but " chill" with Sierra, but Violet brushed it off, changing into some Abercrombie jeans that she had painted with white, and a red tied flannel shirt, topping it off with small sunglasses. 

Her quick footsteps echoed as she ran out the door frantically, hopping into Mari's (more like Mari's dad's,) Chevy Bel Air knockoff. She shut the door, and Mari hit the gas, turning up the stereo.

 "Awright, Vi, Sierra. We're going to be good students today, ok? And Violet. No more daydreaming, if you've got a crush, tell me, I'll play cupid."

Violet let out a sigh of relief that Mari only thought of her thoughts as a minor crush. 

The trees sped past them as the trio told shitty jokes with one another.  Violet let her head back, noticing the hole again.

Should I ask her about that? She contemplated.

Violet decided to let it go, leaning back once again. Soon enough, the school came into view, and the car went into park. 

Violet jumped out, grabbing her bag. The first period once again flew by. Violet was unamused by the demonstrations and lessons. It was one of the few senses of normalcy she felt she had anymore.

Hours passed. Then came her suddenly least favorite class. 

"Good morning, please open to page three of the Two Hundred Years War to start, I will then be assigning you a character to study for the remainder of the unit. An essay will be written by the end of the unit, regarding the character's importance to the plot, and the character's traits." Violet's teacher stated.

Violet sighed.

"And, you all are to read three chapters per day, to complete the book in time."

Violet rolled her eyes, opening her copy.

"The Two Hundred Years War, written by Erie Kagen."

The teacher read aloud.

Violet was already ahead of her.

Two girls ran in the field, No older than six. 

The king rubbed his queen's arm. 

"Aren't they amazing?" He asked her.

"Incredibly. They'll grow up to be amazing rulers"

These girls were like none other, they were royalty. Heirs to a kingdom of mystery, surrounded by trees and creatures, both mythical and woodland. Both girls were a perfect reflection of each parent; you could tell who their family was a mile away. They were hyperactive but could manage to sit themselves down. They ran, but they ran with poise and elegance, even while being only six years of age.

The sky was a bright blue, like the birds, and the sigil both children wore as necklaces. A pale blue, cross-like figure, with a circumference and wings surrounding it. The king and queen ruled over a military, battle-hardened, ready for war. Military and government were kept as one here. 

The girls stopped running and sat down in the grass, looking toward the sky. Clouds had came in, and now half of the sky was covered by a thin sheet of darker clouds.

"Sis! Look at it!" One sibling cheered.

"The clouds or the sky?" The other asked.

"The sky, silly!" 

The sister looked at the clouds.

"That one makes a duck!" The cloud gazing sister smiled.

"I don't really like the dark clouds..." The other trailed off.

"Why? They're pretty!"

"I like the blue better" the other answered,"But you need both. One brings light, and one brings rain so the plants can grow!"

"I like that idea." 

"Alright class, this is a good stopping point."

Violet's teacher pulled her from her reading trance.

"Now class, can anyone make an analogy as to what the siblings mean when discussing clouds?"

The class was nearly silent, with the exception of two hands raised, Sierra's and one of the jocks, who probably had nothing good to say.

"Yes Miss Hunter?" The teacher called.

"The conversation is supposed to represent the light and dark of this world. Good and evil, light and dark, and how they need each other to exist. Like in a Yin Yang. A balance" Sierra answered.

All Violet could think about was her terminology. The discussion of balance was strange for a sixteen-year-old, but even more strange coming from the mouth of the newbie. That was how you were ostracized left alone, with people thinking intelligence was contagious.

Or in other terms, you were a gutsy nerd

Violet exhaled. 

"Incredible, Sierra." Her teacher commended, "I dare say you sound like you were there!"

"I assure you I didn't, Mrs. White."

Violet sighed again.

What the hell was with this girl?