5. The Quidditch World Cup

Y/N's POV

We had arrived on what appeared to be a deserted stretch of moor and we set off. After about twenty minutes, a small stone cottage next to a gate came into view.

A man was standing in the doorway, looking out at the tents. I knew at a glance that they were the only real Muggle for several acres. When he heard their footsteps, he turned his head to look at us.

"Morning!" said Mr Weasley brightly.

"Morning," said the Muggle.

"Would you be Mr Roberts?"

"Aye, I would," said Mr Roberts, "and who're you?"

"Weasley - two tents, booked a couple of days ago?"

"Aye," said Mr Roberts, consulting a list tacked to the door, "you've got a space up by the wood there. Just the one night?"

"That's it," said Mr Weasley.

"You'll be paying now, then?" said Mr Roberts.

"Ah - right - certainly-" said Mr Weasley. He retreated a short distance from the cottage and beckoned Harry toward him. "Help me, Harry," he muttered, pulling a roll of Muggle money from his pocket and starting to peel the notes apart. Eventually, we managed to pay for the tents and we made our way to our two booked tents.

"A map of the campsite for you," Mr Roberts said to Mr. Weasley, "and your change."

"Thanks very much," said Mr Weasley.

We had reached the very edge of the wood at the top of the field, and there was an empty space, with a small sign hammered into the ground that read WEEZLY.

"Couldn't have a better spot!" said Mr Weasley happily. "The field is just on the other side of the wood there, we're as close as we could be." he hoisted his backpack from his shoulders. "Right," he said excitedly, "no magic allowed, not when we're out in these numbers on Muggle land. We'll be putting these tents up by hand! Shouldn't be too difficult. Muggles do it all the time. Here, Harry, where do you reckon we should start?"

When we finished, all of us stood back to admire our handiwork. Nobody looking at these tents would guess they belonged to wizards. The only problem I could see was that once Bill, Charlie, and Percy arrived, they would be a party of eleven. Mr Weasley dropped to his hands and knees and entered the first tent.

"We'll be a bit cramped," he called, "but I think we'll all squeeze in. Come and have a look."

I bent down, ducked under the tent flap, and felt my jaw drop. I had walked into what looked like an old-fashioned, three room flat, complete with bathroom and kitchen.

"Well, it's not for long," said Mr Weasley, peering in at the four bunk beds that stood in the bedroom, there was also an individual bed, which I assumed was for Mr Weasley, "we have an odd number, so one of us will have to sleep in the girls' tent."

Immediately, everyone but Mr Weasley and the girls looked at me with a smirk. I went red as I shook my head violently. Luckily, Mr Weasley said that we would decided later.

Me, Harry, Hermione and Ron decided to have a look around, so after a quick tour of the girls tent, we set off. We only managed to get a quick look around the campsite before we had to go back since we had to have lunch.

Later, a half hour before the match began, the whole party set off to the stands to find out seats. Mr Weasley was grumpy since Fred and George had bet all of their savings (and some of Issac's) with Ludo Bagman. Harry, Ron, Hermione and I had bought some souvenirs and were very excited for the match.