27. Grandfather And Grandson

Y/N's POV

I felt my feet slam into the ground and I let go of the cup.

"Where are we?" I asked.

Harry shrugged and shook his head, we looked around, and discovered that we had left the Hogwarts grounds completely; we had obviously traveled miles for even the mountains surrounding the castle were gone. The two of us were standing instead in a dark and overgrown graveyard; the black outline of a small church was visible beyond a large yew tree to our right and a hill rose above us to our left.

I looked down at the Triwizard Cup and then up at Harry.

"Did anyone tell you the cup was a Portkey?" he asked.

"Nope," I said, I was looking around the graveyard. It was completely silent and slightly eerie, "is this supposed to be part of the task?"

"I dunno," said Harry, he sounded slightly nervous, "wands out?"

"Yeah."

We pulled out our wands, I kept looking around us. I had, yet again, the strange feeling that we were being watched.

"Someone's coming," I said suddenly. Squinting tensely through the darkness, I watched the figure drawing nearer, walking steadily toward us between the graves. I couldn't make out a face, but from the way it was walking and holding its arms, I could tell that it was carrying something.

"Take both of them." hissed a voice. The figure coming towards us, grabbed Harry first and brought him over to a gravestone which I read as 'Tom Riddle.'

I recognised that name immediately and I cursed. This was definitely not going to end up well. I started trying to find a way out whilst the figure was distracted by Harry. I hid behind another gravestone, watching what was happening with Harry.

What I realised when the figure removed his hood was that it was the traitor Wormtail. Anger rushed through me but I remained where I was.

There was now a cauldron and the liquid in the cauldron seemed to heat very fast. The surface began not only to bubble, but to send out fiery sparks, as though it were on fire. Steam was thickening, blurring the outline of Wormtail tending the fire. When it was ready the cold voice appeared again telling Wormtail to do it. He dropped the thing he was holding into the cauldron and began to speak.

Wormtail was speaking. His voice shook; he seemed frightened beyond his wits. He raised his wand, closed his eyes, and spoke to the night."Bone of the father, unknowingly given, you will renew your son!"

Now, Wormtail was whimpering. He pulled a long, thin, shining silver dagger from inside his cloak. His voice broke intopetrified sobs. "Flesh...of the servant...w-willingly given...you will...revive...your master."

He stretched his right hand out in front of him, the hand with the missing finger. He gripped the dagger very tightly in his left hand and swung it upward. I closed my eyes and opened it when I knew his hand had dropped into that cauldron.

"B-blood of the enemy forcibly taken you will resurrect your foe."

I watched as Harry could do nothing to prevent it, he was tied too tightly. Wormtail used the same dagger to get blood from Harry.

Suddenly, something rose from the cauldron.

"Robe me," said the high, cold voice from behind the steam, and Wormtail, sobbing and moaning, still cradling his mutilated arm, scrambled to pick up the black robes from the ground, got to his feet, reached up, and pulled them one-handed over his master's head. The thin man stepped out of the cauldron, staring at Harry. I could instantly recognise the face of the man.

Lord Voldemort had risen again.

I was panting, I was still behind the gravestone but I was freaking out. I didn't know what I could do. Please tell me this was some sick nightmare. I heard Voldemort ask for Wormtail's hand but he didn't give him a new hand, I could only assume that he summoned the other Death Eaters.

"You stand, Harry Potter, upon the remains of my late father," Voldemort hissed softly, "a Muggle and a fool...very much like your dear mother. But they both had their uses, did they not? Your mother died to defend you as a child and I killed my father, and see how useful he has proved himself, in death."

Voldemort laughed again. Up and down he paced, looking all around him as he walked, and the snake continued to circle in the grass. "You see that house upon the hillside, Potter? My father lived there. My mother, a witch who lived here in this village, fell in love with him. But he abandoned her when she told him what she was...he didn't like magic, my father...he left her and returned to his Muggle parents before I was even born, Potter, and she died giving birth to me, leaving me to be raised in a Muggle orphanage but I vowed to find him I revenged myself upon him, that fool who gave me his name...Tom Riddle..."

When all the other Death Eaters arrived, Voldemort began to critique all of them and he occasionally used the Cruciatus curse. I watched, seeing everyone squirming in fear and pain, their master had arisen again. To show that Wormtail was loyal, Voldemort rewarded him with a new hand. Voldemort then started talking about his most faithful servant and how he was at Hogwarts, causing me to be confused. Who was his faithful servant?

Voldemort spent a while taunting Harry before Wormtail alerted him that I was here.

"Y/N, my boy. Come here." Voldemort said in his cold voice.

I had two choices, hide or show my face. I couldn't let Harry be on his own so I bravely walked out from the gravestone I was hiding from and walked towards Voldemort. When he saw me he let out a cackle. "For those of you who don't know, this is my grandson."

I gritted my teeth as Voldemort continued. "My daughter, my lovely daugher, my true heir, she ran away with that Black scum and they had this bastard child. My daughter then died and now young Y/N here is my heir. Come join me."

I looked at Voldemort, do I go with him? Would that help us escape? I then looked at Harry with a reassuring look before walking towards Voldemort who laughed, when I reached him he patted me on the head. I grimaced.

"Welcome home my boy."

I let out a fake smile, was I expected to say something? I never got a chance to say anything because Voldmort decided to carry on.

"You see, I think, how foolish it was to suppose that Harry Potter ever have been stronger than me," said Voldemort, "but I want there to be no mistake in anybody's mind. Harry Potter escaped me by a lucky chance. And I am now going to prove my power by killing him, here and now, in front of you all, when there is no Dumbledore to help him, and no mother to die for him. I will give him his chance. He will be allowed to fight, and you will be left in no doubt which of us is the stronger. Just a little longer, Nagini," he whispered, and the snake glided away through the grass to where the Death Eaters stood watching.

"Now untie him, Wormtail, and give him back his wand."

Wormtail approached Harry and gave him his wand. I stood beside Voldemort and watched. How the hell was I going to get out of this situation?

"You have been taught how to duel, Harry Potter?" said Voldemort softly, his red eyes glinting through the darkness.

"We bow to each other, Harry," said Voldemort, bending a little, but keeping his snake-like face upturned to Harry, "come, the niceties must be observed. Dumbledore would like you to show manners. Bow to death, Harry..."

The Death Eaters were laughing again. Voldemort's lipless mouth was smiling.

Harry did not bow.

"I said, bow," Voldemort said, raising his wand and Harry was being bended ruthlessly forward, and the Death Eaters laughed harder than ever.

"Very good," said Voldemort softly, and as he raised his wand, "and now you face me, like a man..straight-backed and proud, the way your father died. And now...we duel."

Voldemort raised his wand, and before Harry could do anything to defend himself, before he could even move, he had been hit again with the Cruciatus curse. I could do nothing but watch. I was trying to figure out how to get out when it hit me.

If the Triwizard Cup took us here, it could take us back.