6. The Dark Mark

Y/N's POV

After all the celebrations, we started making our way back to our tent.

"Don't tell your mother you've been gambling," Mr Weasley told Fred and George as we all made our way down the stairs. Their outrageous bet of Ireland winning but Krum catching the Snitch had made them owners of a very large sum of money.

"Don't worry, Dad," said Fred gleefully, "we've got big plans for this money. We don't want it confiscated."

We were soon caught up in the crowds now flooding out of the stadium and back to their campsites. When we finally reached the tents, nobody felt like sleeping at all, and given the level of noise around us, Mr Weasley agreed that we could all have one cup of hot chocolate together. We had decided that I would be in the girls' tent, I didn't really get a say in it but it was now decided.

We were soon arguing enjoyably about the match, Mr Weasley got drawn into a disagreement with Charlie, and it was only when Ginny fell asleep at the tiny table and spilled hot chocolate all over the floor that Mr Weasley insisted that everyone go to bed. Me, Hermione and Ginny went into the next tent, and the others stayed.

When I arrived in the other tent, I felt quite awkward. There was only one room and there was one single bed and one double bed. I was assuming that I, being the only boy, would be sleeping on the single bed, but Ginny had other plans.

"But I want the single bed!" Ginny whined.

"Ginny..." Hermione said in a quiet voice.

"Isn't it logical that I have the single bed?" I said, looking at the red-headed girl.

Ginny had an evil smile on her face. "But Hermione would much prefer to sleep next to you than me."

Hermione went bright red and covered her face with her hands. Ginny kept on insisting that she would have the single bed so I had no choice but to give in.

When the girls went to the small bathroom to brush their teeth, I got changed. I removed my jeans and instead put on comfortable grey joggers. Then I took off my plain white shirt and threw it near my bag and the rest of my belongings. Realising that I didn't take my pyjama shirt, I started looking for it but to no success. I cursed internally, I must've left it at home.

Hermione's POV

Ginny was making fun of me in the bathroom whilst we were brushing our teeth and when we walked back to the room, we saw a shirtless Y/N, looking quite annoyed.

Ginny cleared her throat and Y/N turned around, embarrased and flustered. His torso was muscular as well, with visible abs. I could feel my cheeks heat up.

"U-uh, I left my pyjama shirt at home...can I sleep on the single bed? I d-don't want to make uh 'M-mione uncomfortable."

Ginny smirked and shook her head before launching herself onto the single bed, leaving me standing there, still slightly staring at Y/N.

Eventually, I got into the bed. Y/N climbed in next to me and the warmth of his body made me blush, luckily it was dark. Ignoring his presence, I turned over and tried to sleep. Finally, I managed to drift off to sleep...

Y/N's POV

"HERMIONE! Y/N! GINNY! WAKE UP!" I heard a voice yell.

I jolted awake, waking Hermione up as well since my arms were hugging her body. Going slightly red, I jumped out the bed and put on the shirt from the match (the only reason I didn't wear it to sleep was because that it stank).

We rushed out the tent and saw everyone else, looking panicked.

A crowd of masked wizards were marching slowly across the field. High above them, floating along in midair, four struggling figures were being contorted into grotesque shapes. It was as though the masked wizards on the ground were puppeteers, and the people above them were marionettes operated by invisible strings that rose from the wands into the air.