19. The Golden Egg

Y/N's POV

After beating the Dragon, I was escorted back to the enclosure where Madam Pomfrey was, she tended to my wounds and afterwards I would be allowed out to receive my score. Next to me was Harry who was being treated to a nasty gash on his knee.

"You alright?" he asked

I nodded. "Just about."

"I'm sorry about everything, what you said was true but I just didn't want to admit it." Harry said with a sigh.

I looked at him with a small smile. "It's all good, friends argue sometimes."

Harry smiled gratefully. "Are we good now?"

I nodded. "Definitely, but I'm still going to win the bet."

"What bet?"

"The Triwizard one dumbass."

Harry looked at me and we both laughed. There's nothing wrong with some friendly competition. Before we could say anything else, Ron and Hermione came in.

"Y/N, Harry, you were both brilliant!" Hermione said squeakily. There were fingernail marks on her face where she had been clutching it in fear. "You both were amazing!"

I smiled. "Cheers 'Mione" before beckoning her over to give her a massive hug.

I turned and saw that Harry was looking at Ron, who was very white and staring at Harry as though he were a ghost.

"Harry," he said, very seriously, "whoever put your name in that goblet, I- I reckon they're trying to do you in!"

It was as though the last few weeks had never happened.

"Caught on, have you?" said Harry coldly. "Took you long enough."

Me and Hermione stood nervously between them, looking from one to the other. Ron opened his mouth uncertainly.

"It's okay," he said, before Ron could get the words out, "forget it."

"No," said Ron, "I shouldn't've-"

"Forget it," Harry said.

Ron grinned nervously at him, and Harry grinned back.

Hermione burst into tears.

"There's nothing to cry about!" Harry told her, bewildered.

"You two are so stupid!" she shouted, stamping her foot on the ground, tears splashing down her front. Then, before either of them could stop her, she had given both of them a hug and dashed away, now positively howling.

"Are you two good then?" Ron asked, looking between me and Harry and we both nodded.

"Let's go and find out your scores then Y/N" Hermione said before dragging me out the tent.

Picking up the golden egg and my Firebolt, feeling more elated than I would have believed possible an hour ago, I ducked out of the tent, Ron was behind me talking fast. He was trying to decide whether my attempt was better or Harry's was. It turns out Harry tried a collection of spells on the dragon and luckily for him, one seemed to do the trick.

"It's marks out of ten from each one," Ron said, I looked forward and saw the first judge, Madame Maxime, raise her wand in the air. What hooked like a long silver ribbon shot out of it, which twisted itself into a large figure eight.

"Not bad!" said Ron as the crowd applauded. "I suppose she took marks off for your shoulder."

Mr Crouch came next. He shot a number nine into the air.