25. Confessions

Y/N's POV

The next morning, I was in the Common Room, waiting for Hermione to leave for breakfast. Nothing interesting happened apart from the fact that I was given a note from a someone telling me that Dumbledore wanted to meet with me and that Harry came over to try and apologise.

"I don't like Hermione you know." he said. Ron and Hermione had engaged in another conversation so they weren't listening.

"Harry, I want to believe you, I really do." I sighed.

"Then why can't you?" he questioned.

"I'm not sure, Skeeter didn't really lie though did she. You and Hermione seem to of bonded in the library." I said bitterly.

"Y/N you can't really believe her over me! Me and Hermione have hugged but we've nothing done anything more!" Harry defended.

I looked at Harry, it seemed like he had told the truth but I still had uncertainty in my thoughts.

"You've taken so much from me Harry, you've always taken the spotlight, you've taken the hero role in everything, you always treat us like we're just your sidekicks. I'm not letting you take Hermione away from me." I gave Harry one last look and turned, walking out the Great Hall.

Later on, after all my lessons had finished I spent some time in the library with Hermione before I had to make my way to Dumbledore.

Walking through the empty corridors, I made my way to the Headmaster's office, when I reached the gargoyles at the front, I looked down at the slip and saw the password.

"Sherbet Lemon."

The gargoyles parted and revealed a spiraling staircase, once I was up, I was met with a big wooden door. Knocking gently, I waited for a response.

"Come in." said Dumbledore, from the other side.

When I walked in, Dumbledore was by this cauldron thing, looking into it with concern.

"Are you ok Professor?" I asked.

He nodded. "I merely just wanted to have a chat with you Y/N. Something...interesting has happened.

I was confused but I nodded, Dumbledore carried on speaking. "I want you to know that with what has happened, people will treat you differently. You will have to deal with all the negative people."

"What has happened sir?" I asked

"The Ministry have discovered your true parentage." Dumbledore said gravely.

"Fudge knows about my father and grandfather?" I said, shocked. "I thought he already knew?"

My mind flashed back to the fated day when I found out Sirius was my father.

Dumbledore looked guilty. "I took...precautions that made him forget."

I looked at the headmaster in shock.

Dumbledore continued, his eyes meeting mine. "He is not very happy with it, he will see you differently now. I have persuaded him not to disclose this information to the public but knowing him, it will not be long."

I sighed. "I'm sure some of my classmates know, but they never told anyone. Will this affect anything Professor?"

"He has no control over what happens here at Hogwarts, whilst I am headmaster, you will continue to learn here although Fudge will not want it. He will want to make sure you do not turn into Voldemort, he lives in fear and denial and will not be able to cope when Voldemort himself returns or when you start to display evil like him."