2

"Oh, turn off your cell phone and place it on that table. I can't stand it when people's cell phones go off when i'm talking." Ryuzaki says, pointing to a small side table

"Ok.." You do as he says and turn it off, placing it on the table and sitting back down in your seat.

"Now, I assume you've heard about Kira, yes?"

"Kira is the person behind the multiple deaths by heart attacks, right?"

"Precisely. Now, you already know by now that Kira needs a face and a name, don't you?"

You nod
The Kira case had peaked your interest a lot, but you would have never had thought you would work on the case with L himself.

"L, if you-"

"Ryuzaki..." he corrected you, sipping his tea

"R-Ryuzaki... if you censored the crime reports,  wouldn't that reduce the number of victims being killed..?"

He shook his head
"No. If I do that, then ordinary people would be killed."

"Ordinary people..?"

"Kira's childish and hates to lose."

"How do you know..?" You ask the young detective, curiously

"Well... i'm also childish and hate to lose... that's how I know."

"I... don't seem to understand.."

"When I declared war against Kira on television. Until then, we thought that Kira was only after criminals... But he didn't hesitate to kill my double."

"You mean the Lind L Tailor incident?"

He nodded
„Also, as soon as I said he was hiding in the Kanto region, he started drawing most of his victims from Japan.. as if to say, 'So what if I am?.' He's met each of my challenges without flinching."

Wow... he really knows what he's doing..

"What do you think would happen if we tried to use media restrictions to hide criminals from someone like this? 'If you won't give me your criminals, then I'll kill those who've committed lighter crimes or even the innocent!' 'The whole world is my hostage! I'm not the evil one.'"
He continued
"'Those who oppose me and hide evil-doers are!' This is how Kira's mind works."

You stayed silent, growing curiouser of L's mental capabilities.

What is it like to have a mind like L's?

You looked out the small crack in between the long window curtains

You could tell that it was already very dark outside.
Thinking about what your mother would do made you panic with widened eyes.

"Ryuzaki... it was nice meeting you, but I really need to go.." You stated with a shaky tone, quickly getting up out of your chair

Ryuzaki turned to face the curtains
"Ah.. it's been that long? I do suppose it is late.."

He took out his own cellphone, dialing a number
After putting it up to his ear, he speaks

"Watari, I need you to bring (Y/N) back to her home."

After a few moments, he looks up at you
"When will you be able to arrive...?"

"Ok." He immediately hangs up after he speaks

"Watari will arrive in the next three hours or so."