Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Lavanya was pretty surprised to see ASR and his wife in the kitchen at this hour. Actually she left her room not even thinking that anyone could see her because she thought everyone would be asleep. When she remarked that both looked at her and it became very silent in the room, she realized that she must be interrupting something.

>>Oh my God. Sorry, sorry. I was so thirsty and I came to kitchen to get some water. It's so hot and I couldn't sleep and then I thought one glass water would be good. And then I came to Kitchen because the water is here and glasses too.<<

She stopped talking and hit her forehead with her palm.

>>And now I am talking like a waterfall and I don't even know why. I mean, you both probably want to know why I am here and it's clear that the water is in the kitchen aaaand,<< she looked down on herself, >>now I am going out of here, look for a deep hole and bury myself deep inside.

She turned around and walked away.

*

Khushi was ashamed. Not because she sat on Arnav's lap, in the middle of the night, after she cut his neck. No, she was ashamed for Lavaya, but not in the bad way. It was this shame that you feel for others, when something awkward happens to them.

It's called vicarious embarrassment, too.

It was like sharing the feelings with your friends. Not that Lavanya was Khushi's friend, no. Khushi just felt how Lavanya must be feeling, standing here in her short nighty in front of her boss and his wife. Every girl could feel with her. Khushi realized that Arnav must have seen Lavanya too and before she allowed any other thought to cross her mind, she turned around to see him.

His eyes were fixed on her hands and he played with their fingers as there were no problems in the world for him. It was something innocent but still so intimate that her face heated. He didn't look up and continued to touch her, while she took the chance to observe his wound on the neck.

It stopped to bleed and a breath full of relief left her lips, when Khushi saw the wound dry. He looked immediately up, while she lowered her eyes. Khushi didn't want to show what she did. She didn't want to share that she cared. She didn't want to care.

Realizing what she did, Khushi tried to stand up, but Arnav didn't want to let her go. His hand held her wrist while he helped her up and tried to pull her back to their room. As Khushi stood still firm on the ground, fighting against Arnav's pull, he lifted her up and walked back to bedroom, ignoring her silent protest. Her small fists met his firm chest and she couldn't stop to wonder about how firm and strong his body became, in the last three years.

Arnav walked straight to bed, after her entered the bedroom and put Khushi carefully down. She turned immediately around and faced the wall to escape his presence. To her sorry Arnav found the way to the other side of the bed and pulled Khushi in his embrace, after he laid on the bed too. Before Khushi could turn around to face the wall again, Arnav kissed her softly on her lips.

It was just one light, feathery touch, but powerful enough to let her heart beat faster.

Khushi tried to turn around and he let her do it. But as soon she showed him her back, Arnav spooned her. He kissed her hair and spoke with soft voice which she didn't want to hear.

>>Are your ribs paining?<< Khushi didn't answer and Arnav knew she wouldn't, still he spoke.

>>If something hurts, don't hesitate to wake me up. If you need something else, wake me up too.<< Arnav kissed her hair softly, again. >>Now sleep and be there in the morning, otherwise I will be forced to turn the world upside down to see you again.<<