Chapter 71

Chapter 71

Arnav's head was on Khushi's lap and while she thought about the best way how to put him to bed. He seemed fine so far and maybe he just needed to sleep in order to lessen the effect of alcohol, but still his condition concerned her.

Khushi accepted the fact that she couldn't lift Arnav, so she tried to relax on the floor with him. His head was close to her belly, which was an extremely exciting situation. It has never crossed Khushi's mind that she wanted to have him near her belly but now at this moment, Khushi just realized how much she really wanted it. It felt more than right.

Her fingers touched his hair and she asked herself how much her baby would get from him. Maybe the color of his hair? Maybe his character? Or maybe his physical appearance, if it was a boy.

*

Khushi sat on the floor for god knows how long and slowly her back started aching. She didn't even feel her feet anymore, because of sitting in the same position for a long time.

When she couldn't bear anymore to sit in the same position, she tried to move Arnav's head and it awakened him.

First, he blinked a few times and then his eyes met hers. After a while, Arnav moved slowly up, his eyes never breaking the contact with her eyes.

>>Khushi?<<

His voice was like a small whisper, but she heard enough surprise in it. Her hands kept massaging her feet and as soon as his eyes moved down to see what she was doing, he asked.

>>What's wrong?<<

>>I sat too long in the same position.<<

Arnav was immediately on his feet and took Khushi in his arms. He took her to the next chair which was in the corner of the room. As soon as Arnav placed her body on it, he started massaging Khushi's legs. Millions of invisible needles pricked her skin, while the blood were running again through her veins.

While all this happened, Khushi was fighting against her tears and the weird urge to laugh. Seeing her reaction, Arnav panicked. Khushi didn't understand Arnav's reaction because it was something everyone had to face at least once in a life, but he acted as if she was dying.

He walked fast to the big bath tub and turned the water on to fill it. Khushi observed his movements and asked herself if the hot water was the right solution for her problem. In order to stop him, she called out.

>>Maybe I should just take a quick shower.<<

He turned around, his eyes widened in fear or concern and then turned the water off. As next Arnav walked to the shower and turned the water there on.

>>Can you take your clothes off, or should I help you?<<

Khushi gaped at him.

Did he really want her to take off her clothes in front of him?

>>You need to go out.<<

He was busy with checking the water, but he spoke.

>>No way. You might fall or hurt yourself.<<

His head turned around and his eyes slowly moved to her belly just for a second and after that, he looked away.

>>Take your clothes off, Khushi!<<

His voice was like a mere whisper, but it was firm enough to show that he was totally serious about his order. She pulled her dupatta up and removed the rest of her clothes. Khushi felt so weird and was ashamed of being naked in front of Arnav, but he didn't even look at her when he silently extended his hand to her.