Chapter 72

Chapter 72

Khushi was sitting outside of the examination room, waiting for the doctor to come out. She didn't know how long she has been waiting outside, but it must be more than an hour. When she tried to awake Arnav and he didn't react, first thing she did was to call the staff from downstairs to help her with him.

She didn't think of calling ambulance but intended to take him to hospital as soon as possible. One of the stuff murmured again when he saw Arnav and that scene didn't want to leave Khushi's mind.

A question appeared again and again in her head.

Did Arnav go through the same before?

She didn't understand why all this happened, but she hoped to get answers from the doctor.

One of the man from the staff drove Arnav and Khushi to the hospital as he knew where to go and talked to doctor. Khushi was very thankful and asked him to go back to his job. She actually needed someone to be with her and hold her hand, but no one of her family was here and she only needed one of them. Khushi even thought of calling one of them, but she didn't want to scare anyone.

She smiled when she thought about her new dad Mahendra and new mom Manorama.

Even though, she thought she could never again be capable of having trust in anyone, these two made it easy for her to do exactly opposite. Anjali was her Di and Shiyam her Bhai. And Akash and Lavanya were her best friends. They were all her family.

Her eyes fell on the door and she realized sadly that Arnav didn't have anyone to lean on anymore.

To call.

To trust.

He gave everything to her.

Gave all of them to her, and did the biggest sacrifice.

The door opened and the doctor came out. He asked who she was and she said the first thing that came to her mind. And that was, that she was Arnav's wife. After that, Khushi bombarded the doctor with questions and he explained her that due to the sudden Alcohol withdrawal, Arnav whole system has been broken. When people stopped drinking after weeks of excess drinking of alcohol, they might reach life-threatening condition. There were so many things that could happen to the person such as, seizure, agitation, delirium-tremens, and so on and on.

As soon as the doctor completed his last sentence, Khushi started crying. She didn't care where she was and who could see her. She didn't even care under what condition she left Arnav and how angry she was once. All she cared for, was him and she felt her heart breaking from fear to lose him.

The doctor saw her reaction and tried to calm her down. He told her that Arnav was on his road to recovery, but the medicines that he had taken could have damaged his system.

Khushi frowned after hearing the information about the medicines. The doctor continued explaining that Arnav must have taken some medicines to kill his pain in the early morning and since his body was weak from alcohol intake, his whole condition worsened. He also continued calming Khushi down, saying that everything was under control, since they pumped out everything from his stomach.

She nodded mechanically and tried to sort out the most important information.

The next words from the doctor scared her and brought more tears to her eyes.

It wasn't the first time Arnav was in the hospital. A few weeks ago the stuff brought him here because he ended up unconscious on the floor. He got his stomach pumped out too and the same doctor warned him to stop drinking and taking medicines. Otherwise he would die in a few months. It seemed that Arnav just continued doing what he has been doing, without following doctor's advice.