Epilogue

Loki caught on quickly to the duties of being king. When he did falter, he never fell as he had you at his side to guide him. Despite that Thor had been groomed to be king, Loki had been equally prepared while he was at Thor's side learning for all of those centuries. He hadn't realized just how prepared he was until he took on the throne himself.

Odin had stepped down from actively ruling. He stayed close when Loki first took the throne, showing his support and guiding and advising his son. Soon, though, he was stepping back and letting Loki do more and more on his own until the realm was confident in his rule and he could step into proper retirement. He was still available when Loki needed advise, but he wasn't hovering.

Thor became captain of the guard, leading the military efforts, though he still spent a lot of time on Midgard helping the team.

*

Then came the fateful day years into your rule. You were in the healing wing with Mama Frigga between your legs and Loki behind you, supporting you and using healing magic throughout the process to ease your pain.

That didn't stop you from screaming your head off or clawing at his arms for something to hold onto.

Loki took all the pain in stride as his due for the pain you were going through.

You knew you were having twins, Jotuns were prone to multiple children at once. You hadn't expected it to hurt that much, even with pain dulling magic. The entire healing wing learned all sorts of new curse words that day in multiple languages.

Finally, Loki's son was placed in his arms. His blue skin turned Asgardian pale in moments as the illusions took hold. You wouldn't hide his race from him, but you wouldn't see him discriminated against for it either. You'd teach him to turn back and forth at will and make sure the court accepted him.

You both loved him unconditionally no matter what he looked like.

Moments later, your daughter was placed in Loki's arms, as you were too drained from the birthing to hold them safely. Loki could hold them both where you could see and feel them.

It was Loki's daughter who caused the conflict in his eyes. Who caused the tears of joy to mix with tears of pain and worry, grief at the life she was destined to live.

For your daughter had been born with a Valkyrie' wings.

The End

For now

(OK, I lied.  There's four bonus chapters now.  Keep reading)