eight

ᴇɪɢʜᴛ : ɴᴏ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇs

"Bring out the girl, Bellamy!"

The whole situation has been a whirl wind. One minute Murphy is being hanged, and the next he's stalking outside of the tent Bellamy, Charlotte, Finn, Clarke, Clara, and Rez are hiding in. As Murphy paces outside, he shouts threats and nasty words to the young girl inside.

Charlotte is shaking terribly, her nose running and her eyes filled with terror. She knows what Murphy will do when he gets his hands on her, it isn't hard to decipher with him basically screaming out his horrific plans.

Clara sits on Bellamy's cot. Her head is in her hands as she tries to process everything.

This girl, the one with whom she shared her berries, killed Wells and tried to kill her as well. Although it wasn't expected, Clara can't say she isn't surprised. The girl gave off creepy vibes from the beginning.

Bellamy squats in front of Charlotte to get eye-level with her. "Why, Charlotte?" He asks, practically pleading to get her reasoning behind her murderous actions.

Charlotte sniffles and wipes her nose with her sleeve. "I was just trying to slay my demons, like you told me."

Clarke's eyes snap to Bellamy. "What the hell is she talking about?"

It dawns on Bellamy. His face falls and he stammers, "She, she misunderstood me. Charlotte, that is not what I meant."

"You told her to slay Wells?" Rez asks, his brow pulled forward.

Bellamy throws his hands up. "No, and it was a metaphor!"

From outside, Murphy continues to shout, "Bring the girl out now!"

"Please don't let them hurt me." Charlotte cowers away from the tent's closed entrance.

Bellamy stands and looks to Clarke and Finn. "If you guys have any bright ideas, speak up." Silence fills the tent. "Now you stay quiet."

Finn frowns. "Hey, those are your boys out there."

"This is not my fault," Bellamy says, growing defensive. "If Clarke had listened to me, those idiots would still be building the wall."

Rez sits next to Clara and asks quietly, "Hey, you good?"

"Peachy," she murmurs, her voice quiet enough so only Rez can hear. "I feel so secure with the fact that I'm in the same tent as the person who stabbed me."

Charlotte picks up on Clara's words. The young girl steps towards her, but when Clara recoils, Bellamy takes Charlotte's arm to stop her movements.

Charlotte lets out a sob. "I didn't want to stab you, I promise! I saw that you left and I didn't think you'd come back, but when I saw that you did, I knew that you'd see me, so I had to."

"Hey, Charlotte, you're not helping your case at all," Rez snaps.

"You want to build a society, princess?" Murphy's sadistic voice calls. "Let's build a society, bring her out!"

Charlotte's eyes widen. "No! Please, Bellamy."

Bellamy takes Charlotte's shoulders and tries to calm her down. "Charlotte, hey, it's gonna be okay." He gnaws on his bottom lip, trying to find a way out of this huge mess. He glances back at the others. "Just . . . stay with them."