fourteen

ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ : ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇss

Clara wakes up the next morning to the birds chirping and the voices of the early risers getting a head start to the day. She inhales the fresh air she will never get tired of and sits up. As she looks around, she realizes she doesn't remember going to bed.

"Hey, sleepyhead."

Clara jumps, her eyes darting to Octavia sitting on her cot a few feet away. The younger Blake is lacing up her boots with a playful smirk on her lips.

"Good morning," Clara replies with a yawn. "Hey, did you happen to see how I got to bed last night?"

Octavia bites back a grin. Clara watches her suspiciously.

"What?"

"Nothing," Octavia says, obviously not letting her in on something. "Bellamy carried you in here last night."

Clara nods, trying to hide the blush dusting her cheeks. "Oh. That was nice of him."

She pushes herself off her cot and stretches. After her back pops, Clara turns around and makes her bed.

Octavia finishes tying her laces and stands. She folds her blanket and makes her bed like Clara. "So, do you have a thing for my brother?"

Her question catches Clara completely off guard. She whips her head around and watches as Octavia stifles her laughter.

"No?"

"You don't sound so sure," Octavia teases.

Clara groans and abandons her task of making her bed. Marching to the entrance of their tent, she calls over her shoulder, "I'm going to go wash up, if you need me I'll be down by the waterfall."

The camp is bustling when Clara returns from the waterfall. Left to right are people working and training. Bellamy has a group of kids outside the camp walls training to use the guns, Miller is ordering around the kids building the wall, and Raven is working hard on setting up the radio and screen outside on a tall post.

Curious, Clara makes her way over to Raven. "Hey, what's going on?"

The girl doesn't take her eyes off her radio. "I'm wiring this up so we can all watch the Unity Day program."

"It's Unity Day already?" Clara mutters under her breath, turning away from Raven and walking over to her tent. Unity Day is the Ark's way of celebrating the twelve different stations coming together to unite as one. It's celebrated by a program that consists of the chancellor making a speech, a few kids saying poems and singing old songs, and a large gathering. Clara never really cared for Unity Day on the Ark, and she figures her feelings towards it won't be much different on earth.

Clara helps the others build up the wall until evening hits, which is when Raven calls everyone over to the screen. Clara's at the back, not as excited as some others to watch the man that sentenced them to death make a speech about unity and peace.

The crowd of delinquents is rowdy until the screen shows Jaha's face and Raven shouts for everyone to quiet down. She stands at the front with Finn by her side as they watch the program.