nine

ɴɪɴᴇ : ᴡɪsʜ ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴀ sᴛᴀʀ

The sound of Clarke's voice outside the tent awakens Clara. She sits up, rubbing her eyes and yawning. She turns to wake Octavia up, but her cot is empty. Frowning, Clara stands from her spot on the ground and exits the tent.

A few yards away, Clarke and Finn are speaking with another delinquent. Clara thinks she has heard someone call her Fox, which is a fitting name for her because she has ginger hair sharp features.

Fox hugs herself for warmth in the chilly night and says, "Bellamy said we have to wait until sunrise to go check it out."

Clarke scans the sleeping camp for Bellamy, but she doesn't spot him. She nods at Clara when her eyes fall on the curly-haired girl walking up to them. Clarke frowns. "Where is he?"

"His tent, maybe?" Clara suggests, still rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

Clarke steps over to Bellamy's tent, the largest one in camp, and doesn't bother knocking before opening it and marching in. Clara follows close behind. Her nose crinkles at the sight of Roma in his bed, topless. She has a blanket pulled up to her chin to cover herself.

"Ever hear of knocking, bitch?" Roma sneers. Finn walks in behind Clara, and Roma rolls her eyes. "Oh, great, it's a free show. Anyone else want to take a look?"

Clara frowns. "What are you doing in here?"

"What do you think?" Roma snaps, her tone belittling.

Clarke, cutting to the chase, asks, "Where the hell is Bellamy?"

Roma shrugs but doesn't drop her glare. "He took off a while ago."

Finn scans the tent. "His gear's gone," he realizes.

Clarke's eyes widen as she connects the dots, Where's Clara is still hung over by the fact that Roma is naked in Bellamy's bed.

"He told everyone to stay," Clarke voices her thoughts with growing anger. "Whatever's in that thing, he wants it. We've gotta get there before he does."

Without another word, Clarke and Finn exchange a look and exit the tent. Clara lingers behind and sends Roma a small smile. "Um, thanks."

Roma scoffs. "You're welcome."

Not having anything else to say to the girl, Clara awkwardly shuffles out of the tent and trails loosely behind Finn and Clarke as they argue. Clara doesn't intervene, knowing it's a private conversation, but she can't keep her mind off of the fact that both of the Blakes are missing.

When it seems like the two are done going back and forth, Clara makes her presence known and adds, "Octavia's gone, too."

Clarke doesn't spare Clara a glance. "She's probably chasing butterflies, let's stay focused and stop Bellamy before he kills us all."

Clarke and Finn walk side-by-side during the trip, basically ignoring Clara as she treads behind. They're engaged in another conversation that doesn't involve the other girl. So, she pretends like she isn't third-wheeling and lets her pace slow as she follows the other two loosely.

They reach a new part of the forest Clara hasn't explored yet. The trees are closer together, creating a darker atmosphere under their leaves and branches. A twisty, bright green vine runs up the trunks of the trees, and Clara finds herself slowing down even more to examine the intricate patterns.