chapter 4: sleepless

Jackson led me inside and once again I was overwhelmed with the beauty of his house

"You have a beautiful house," I compliment.

"I know," he smirks.

Cocky little bitch.

Jackson walks me to the kitchen, "Here's the kitchen, if you get thirsty at night just come here."

I felt as if he wasn't just talking about water. He had a very small, almost unnoticeable, smirk— maybe I'm just imagining things.

Next he walks upstairs and opens a bedroom door, "This is your bedroom. mine is across the hall if you need me, okay?"

"Okay," I say looking into my new, temporary bedroom.

"I'll get you a shirt and some sweatpants. That dress must be getting uncomfortable," Jackson says, and walks to his room. He's not terrible, I guess I just have to get to know him.

As I'm looking around the hallway, I see a door with a lock on it. My nosy ass walks over to it and inspects it.

"Get away from there!" Jackson yells. He wasn't very loud, but he sounded like there was a dead body in there or something.

I flinch and back away, "I'm sorry I was just-"

"Being invasive?" he finishes.

"No- I mean- I'm sorry," I say, quickly. And like a child who just got in trouble, I run back to my room.

"Here," he hands me his clothes and walks to his room.

I walk into my room and change. His clothes smell like him - sandalwood and citrus. My nose is really strong, it catches all types of fumes. As cliché as it is, I really love the scent. Guys are lucky to have such strong colognes, us girls have perfume that runs out in a second.

I pick my phone up and see that it's almost dead, so I walk to Jackson's room and knock.

Jackson opens the door, and before I can open my mouth, I notice he was shirtless. Holy abs— he must have had to work out 24/7 to get those. It looks like his abs were carved by Greek Gods who used knives that were carved by elder Greek Gods.

Focus, Scarlet! You just need a charger for your phone not his personal "charger"

I shake my head, what is wrong with me? Why am I all of a sudden so horny?

"Did you need anything?" He asks, running a hand through his now messy hair.

I clear my throat, "y-you don't have an extra charger, do you?"

"Yeah, I'll get it," he says and walks to get it from his drawer. Jackson bends down to get open the drawer and jeez! What a sight! What the fück- what am I? Fifteen years old?

He walks back, and hands me the charger, "here." His fingers touch mine and suddenly I'm frozen. Jackson raises his eyebrows in confusion, and I quickly regain my composure.