10. Day Five - Regrets

Today was no celebrations. No birthday. Much of quiet though. Fiona and Prius decided to try to hang out alone, even though they never really did fancy each other's company.

Alosa and Quincy have the day to themselves. Planning Quincy and Lopez's wedding. It is hard work.

Malcolm and Lopez. At a fast food stop.

And Masslie and Raven. Forced to hang together. Awkward.

Raven didn't wanna be around Masslie as much as Masslie loathed Raven's presence now. They couldn't stand to be near each other, both humiliated by Malcolm. "So," Masslie says. Raven gives her a quick look. Then replies back "so."

"We haven't really talked in a while," Masslie tries to keep the conversation going. Raven just nods her head.

There's an unwanted silence between them. Until finally Masslie speaks. "Raven there's something you should probably know."

Raven raises an eyebrow. "Yes?" Masslie sighs, if Fiona's right, then this is the right thing to do.

Masslie told Raven the whole story. And at the end, Raven just shrugged her shoulders. Masslie was confused. "I don't mind," Raven said. "Malcolm and I are nothing. And it's cool if you like him."

"Oh but I don't!" Masslie put out. "That's the problem. Malcolm is my best friend, nothing more." Raven listened understandingly.

"Tell him that," Raven suggests. Masslie nods her head, then shakes it.

"I don't know how to tell him. Without hurting him," Masslie admits. Raven takes Masslie's hand and smiles.

"It's Malcolm Cages," she mocks. "He never gets hurt." Masslie chuckled, that is true. "He'll find someone new in a second. Completely forget about thinking of you more than a friend."

"You're right. Thanks Raven," Masslie hugs Raven. Then texts Malcolm 'we need to talk'.

Malcolm is staring down at his phone. While sitting at the diner with Lopez. "You okay?" Lopez questions. Malcolm looks up instantly then nods.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Because you ditched Masslie's birthday, and now you're acting stranger than usual," Lopez points out. Malcolm checks his texts.

"Listen. It's nothing. I gotta go," Malcolm grabs his jacket and leaves Lopez in the diner.

Alosa and Quincy were at bridal shops. "Quincy. Why did you make me maid of honour?" Alosa wonders. Quincy sat down next to Alosa.

"You're my best friend Alosa. Don't worry, it's not for anything stupid. I honestly chose you because I wanted to," Quincy grinned. Alosa smiled and helped Quincy pick out a bridal gown. This wedding was going to be amazing.

Prius and Fiona were at the mall. Never really enjoyed each other's company, so they tried to experiment. "These designs are amazing!" Prius complimented. Fiona was showing Prius her sketch book. She's never shown anyone. "How come I don't see these in those annoying retail stores?"

"Because," Fiona answers, "I haven't really shown my boss my designs." Prius gasps at that. She rolls her eyes.

"You've gotta be joking?" Fiona shakes her head and sighs. Prius rips out a design from her book.

"Prius!" Fiona exclaimed. Going into a state of rage. Prius grabbed her by the hand and raced her to a sewing shop.

"Hi there. Could you make this for us?" Prius asks the lady at the shop.

"I have never seen clothing like this before," the lady mentions. "It is exquisite." Fiona can't help but smile.

"Yeah, yeah! Can you make it a reality?" Prius demands. The lady takes a closer look at the sheet of paper.

"It will take me sometime. About two hours," the lady predicts. Prius smiled and wrote the lady a cheque.

"That's all we need!" Prius and Fiona run out the shop. Fiona having her design. Created.

Fiona and Prius sat down on a bench in the middle of the mall. "What are we doing Prius?" Fiona felt confused. Prius stopped a teenage girl walking by. "Are you into fashion?" she questioned.

"Yes," the girl answered. Prius hands her a flyer. The girl looks down at it. "This is so unique." It was a picture of Fiona's design.

"Be back in two hours and you'll get to see an actuality of this design. Tell your friends!" Prius guaranteed. The girl nodded and walked off gleaming.

"What did you just do?"

"That girl. I could tell has lots of friends. So dozens are gonna be here in two hours to see your design in person."

"Are you serious!"

"I never kid." Fiona took half of the fliers.

"If you're right. I owe you," Fiona starts to walk around handing people fliers all over the mall.

Malcolm and Masslie met up at Rustin Beach. "What do we have to talk about?" Malcolm looked relieved he gets to see Masslie today.

"You don't love me," Masslie faces the sand. Malcolm raises an eyebrow. "It's just because we're friends you're thinking this. We haven't seen each other in so long."

"That's not why, Masslie."

"Malcolm I don't love you!" Masslie slips. She gasps and shuts her mouth. You could hear Malcolm moan. "I didn't mean it that way. I mean. We're just friends."

"No. I get it," Malcolm understood. "It's alright. I should get back, I kinda ditched Lopez." Masslie understands, and watches as Malcolm left.

It was the end of the day. Everyone met up at Quincy and Lopez's place. All with exciting news. Especially Prius and Fiona.

"Half the mall showed up to see a design I created! In person!" Fiona sounded thrill. Prius looked like she was responsible for the entire amazing thing. "Prius talked me into getting one of my designs created! So I did, and almost over fifty people saw it and thought it was extremely unique."

"That's really great Fiona!" Alosa sang. "And! Quincy and I had a well spent day too!"

"We picked out my wedding dress," Quincy called. "It's gorgeous. I can't describe now since the groom is in the room." She kisses Lopez's cheek.

Raven, Malcolm, and Masslie stayed quiet. Speechless.