11. Day Six

Snoring. Mouth opening. Drooling. Spreading. Quincy isn't the most elegant person to sleep next to. "Wake up!" Quincy heard a screechy noise and abruptly opened her eyes screaming. "Happy birthday Quincy!"

Quincy was laughing of astonishment. Her hands were slapped to her mouth, tears blurring up her eyes. "Birthday breakfast," Alosa and Masslie handed her a stool with eggs, bacon, hash browns and orange juice on it. With a miniature vase and a red rose inside it.

"Birthday card!" Prius hands Quincy a handmade card, signed by everyone.

"It's your birthday too Prius, what about you?"

"Eh. Not a celebration person. Today is all about you." Quincy smiles, is Prius really letting everyone forget it's her birthday too?

"Birthday outfit," Fiona lays down a sparkly hot pink minidress on the side of her bed.

"Um. I didn't know what to get you. So. Birthday card is also from me," Malcolm smiled and did thumbs up. Quincy snickered.

"And. Last but definitely not least. A birthday kiss," Lopez gives her a small peck. Didn't wanna spoil everyone's appetite.

"You guys are the best," great. The waterworks appeared. Quincy feathered her fingers, trying to prevent the tears, thinking not now, not on her birthday! Alosa made an "awe! sound and gave Quincy a hug.

"I cannot believe it," Quincy groaned. "They closed down the disco skating arena."

"Thank goodness!" Prius squealed. "I couldn't bare that place. So blinky!"

"Blinky?" Fiona questions. "Cause of the disco balls!"

"I don't know! It just messed with my eyes," Prius sighed.

"Oh!" Alosa chirped. "Let's go bowling! I wanna practice my swing."

"Remember Alosa. It's Quincy's birthday, not yours," Raven murmurs. Quincy shakes her head and grins.

"Don't worry Raven. I actually like bowling. To the arena we go!" Quincy makes a Wonder Woman gesture.

They all sat in Starship Bowl, tying their bowling shoes. "Why do I feel a tension surrounding this circle?" Prius asks. She was in the middle of a circle with Malcolm, Masslie, Raven and Fiona in it. Awkward.

"I'm a pro. So everyone, watch out!" Quincy lifted up a bowling ball, slipped her fingers through the three holes, then strode and slid the bowling ball down the aisle. "Strike! First try!" Everyone clapped.

Masslie's turn. She picked up the bowling ball. "You got this," Malcolm encouraged. To Masslie though, it was just noise.

"I know," she rumbled. Malcolm was staring hard, slow clapping. "Could you stop!" Masslie freaked. Silence. She gulped, smiled then went. Her bowling ball went down to the side.

Trying to forget what just happened, Prius took the ball. Masslie raced to the washroom, Raven decides to follow her.

"What's up with you and Malcolm? I've got this complete unwanted vibe," Raven crosses her arms.

"Sorry. Nothing Raven," Masslie rinses her forehead. Wipes it with a paper towel. Flashes a smile to Raven, then walks out the washroom.

Malcolm's turn. His three fingers placed in the three holes of the bowling ball. "Don't screw up!" Masslie managed to spill from her lips. Malcolm sighs, he drops down the bowling ball.

"I'm not feeling well Quincy. Imma go home. Happy birthday," he kisses Quincy on the cheek then leaves the bowling alley. Quincy felt a cold chill, sighs then smiles.

"It's alright. I'm sure he is sick. Let's enjoy the rest of the day," Quincy forced to grin. Prius, Raven and Fiona glare at Masslie. Masslie sighs and mourns. How could she? Ruining Quincy's birthday like that.

At the end of the day. Quincy and Lopez were home. Her celebration was over. "You like bowling?" Lopez inquires. Quincy nods her head and slips on her pyjama shirt. She sighs.

"It was great Lopez. Thank you for planning the day, well. Most of it," Quincy kisses Lopez's temple.

"No problem," Lopez grins, "I assure you Malcolm leaving was not part of the plan."

"Malcolm's been different I've noticed," Quincy explains. "Leaving early. Looking uncomfortable. I wonder what's wrong."

"Well, you can't expect me to know anything. Malcolm's completely lost all trust in me I guess," Lopez gargles water around his mouth then spits it out. "He's been a total shadow to me, too."

"Whatever. As long as he shows up at all, right?" Quincy suggests. Lopez nods his head, kisses Quincy goodnight. Then turns of their night light. End of Quincy's birthday.