14. Day Eight

It's eight PM. Lopez's birthday today. They were at Mino's. While everyone sang him the birthday song he smiled like mad. When they finished, Lopez blew out the candles on his cake. Quincy kisses him.

"This is so far the best birthday I've had," Lopez admits.

"That's because it's the first birthday where you didn't wake up on a yacht to Hawaii with amnesia." True. Back then Lopez celebrated his birthday with just Malcolm, not the greatest idea.

"Let's hope it gets better," Quincy glistens. She starts to rummage through her purse. "I've decided. Since you do so much for me, I wanna do something for you."

"You are already," Lopez says, "you're marrying me."

"As charming as that is Lopez. I haven't really done anything for you. So!" She pulls out a brochure and hands it to Lopez, he skims through it,

"It's just a brochure to a hotel," Lopez raises an eyebrow. Quincy tells him to look closer. "A hotel located in. Costa Rica!" Quincy claps her hands, Lopez got it right. He was baffled. His facial expression didn't show he was pleased though.

"What's wrong? Don't you like Costa Rica? Or should I change it to Jamaica?"

"No no. The place is amazing and the gift is thoughtful," Lopez sighs. "But. How can you afford a trip like this? I don't want you blowing all your money."

"Well I want to," Quincy assures him. "Eight years of money for nothing, now I have a reason to spend it. Besides, I have a trust fund."

"Still, we're gonna have a wedding soon. Can't we wait for our honeymoon?" The six remaining were staring at Quincy and Lopez arguing. They don't wanna try to break it up.

"We'll call it our pre-wedding honeymoon." Lopez sighs and rubs his eyes. "Do you not wanna go?" Quincy was now getting emotional.

"No. I wanna go," Lopez forms a smile. "We're going to Costa Rica! In-" he reads Quincy's lips mouthing, "two weeks!" Everyone clapped.

It was halfway through the dinner when Raven squealed. "For your birthday specially. Malcolm and I made a little song!" Masslie was confused, Malcolm and Raven? She thought they were having a feud.

Malcolm and Raven stood up and linked arms. They do jazz hands.

"One more birthday and you'll be able to drink!" They chanted. Lopez chuckles. "But for now you're finally in your twenties!" They sang and went on and on. Exciting song, Lopez supposes. "Happy birthday!" Malcolm and Raven ends it. They hold hands and bow down like at a live theatre.

"Not too shabby?" Malcolm wonders. Lopez shakes his head, not shabby at all. He gives Malcolm a hug.

The dinner's now over. Everyone's saying their goodbyes. Masslie and Alosa are left behind, they offered to do the cleaning while everyone left. "Are you happy?"

"What?" Masslie chattered. "Whattya mean?"

"You didn't seem so happy with," Alosa mouthed the rest. Malcolm and Raven. Masslie burst into laughter and shakes her head.

"Oh please, Alosa. I don't like Malcolm."

"I know," Alosa's screechy voice sang. She sat down at the table. "But the thought of Malcolm liking someone other than you pains, even though you don't even like him." Masslie smacked down on the chair. It flashed before her eyes, it all made sense.

"I knew him long before Raven."

"So?" Alosa demands. "Masslie. You can't expect Malcolm to drool over you forever when you don't like him that way." Masslie takes a deep breath and sighs. She nods her head.

Malcolm walked Raven home. "See. Aren't you glad we can do this without expecting anything in return?" Malcolm asks. Raven shrugs her shoulders.

"I guess," she replies. "Does that mean no goodbye kiss?"

Malcolm snarls. "Goodnight Raven," he pecks her on the cheek then walks off. Raven gives a sigh of relief. Finally, they're back to normal.

Raven goes to unlock the door. As she opens it she spots Prius and shutters. "How the hell did you get in here?"

"Um. You do know how I get in all those celebrities homes don't you?"

"I thought you were invited in!"

"Nope. I'd be waiting for them sitting in their living room drinking some kind of expensive juice. Men like a woman with a bit of mystery, brilliant!" Prius says like she's a genius.

"What do you want Prius?"

"To talk to my best friend," Prius admits. "I have somethings I wanna talk about, and I can only talk to my best friend."

"Well you told your best friend she'll never find love, get real Prius," Raven reminds her. Prius hands Raven a napkin, Raven looks down at it and freezes. "Is this an autograph from Jacen Parker?"

"Yep. He and I are officially friends with benefits and celebrity with unknown girlfriend," Prius says the last part like she's in a suspense show.

"Okay spill!" Raven commands.

"Wait!" Prius halts. "We best friends again?"

"Always," Prius and Raven hug.