Alone Time

I opened the door and entered the damn bathroom. I stopped and analysed it again. I hated to admit that it was pretty. It gave off a comfortable feeling enhanced by the vanilla smell.

I closed the door and noticed it technically could be locked and unlocked just from the inside. "That's a good thing, I guess." 

But then I started imaging situations where it would need to be opened from the outside. "What if drown? No, what if I slip and fall and hit my head and start bleeding and every minute would count-"

No, that was irrelevant. I convinced myself that there is a small chance of something like that happening and the important thing was that no one could easily come in and see me naked. "Alright, good." I nodded proud of this conclusion.

"Now to my next assumed wrong worry." I sighed in my head. The cameras.
In my mind a clock was ticking and a voice was echoing. "You have one hour." And I was actually unwilling to go past this deadline as there was a chance I would be confronted in a vulnerable position.

I had to check, just to ease my thoughts a little. So I looked around for a bit. I analysed the walls, looking for any cracks, any suspicious round holes, behind the mirror, the ..shower head (?), above the tub, near the toilet.

While I was calming down my "irrational" fear, I noticed how many products were in there. On the sink there were 2 kinds of soap: liquid and a bar of soap and I read it was specifically for "extra sensitive skin", 3 kinds of toothpaste: for "nourishing the gums and teeth" and for "whitening" and even chocolate flavoured toothpaste???

"What the hell.." but then I remembered seeing something like this and actually wanting to try it. I've always been a sucker for chocolate.

There were also other products for oral hygiene like mouthwash, as well as day and night creams for face, hands and feet, make-up remover and of course, most types of make-up products. "Well, what a waste, I can't use make-up."

In the cabinet there were some hair products and brushes, pins, hair ties, wipes, cotton pads and buds and.. pads...the same type I use.
"I'mmm... gonna pretend I didn't just see most of the stuff being from the same brands I use."
There also was a hairdryer and a hair straightener on a shelf, arranged neatly.

On the shelves near the bathtub and shower, I noticed body gels, scrubs, shampoo and conditioner, different types: fresh, vanilla, coconut, you name it.

I was overwhelmed and just stared shocked at all these products that make this bathroom look like a warehouse.
My previous assumption was still standing: that I was going to pay for everything I use. "Well that's a worry..for future me" I brushed the thought off ignorantly.

Realising I didn't have much time, I got in the shower. The shower head was mobile and that was a very comfortable detail.
I used the "warmer" type products like vanilla scented gel as I needed a way to calm myself down and think straight about all of this.

I couldn't afford, however, the comforting smell and feeling to trick my body and then mind into thinking I was safe. No way.

While I was rubbing my scalp with the coconut shampoo, I was thinking about my family. "They must be searching for me, right. If I was taken with a car, that's gonna be tough, but there must have been witnesses..some leads,.. right?"

Truth be told, I was giving myself false hope, it was really a coping mechanism. Deep down I knew that if you are a victim of kidnapping and you get inside a car, your chances of being found get drastically lower. Besides, I was pretty sure I wasn't even in my country.
"Maybe they could track my GPS on my phone?"