Subdued

With time, my rage found itself back into my mind. He embarrassed me like that, threatening me and tying up my arms and I was supposed to listen to him after all this? No fucking way.

As we walked towards the room, I decided that I was not going to eat after all this. Screw him! Who did he think he was?

A butler opened the double door with a bow, without saying anything and we entered the large room.

We walked silently towards my seat and he dragged the chair with one hand and said simply "Sit down, Emily." I listened and took a seat.

Then he added "I'm going to untie your hands, only on the condition that you will eat, understand?"

I nodded, subconsciously not willing to lie through words.

I felt as his hands slowly untied the knot and the pressure in my hands diminished. He finally removed the silky thread and I was able to bring my hands in front of me, caressing the previously tied spots. Surprisingly, the tie didn't stop my circulation, nor any bruises were visible. Yet I was sure it had been tied quite strongly.

I remained seated, prepared for my next scene. William went to his seat, sitting down calmly.

Finally, he met my eyes, his frozen blue eyes locking with mine. We didn't say anything, only looking at each other like an iconic cowboy sight duel.

In short time, 2 maids came in holding dishes. They placed them simultaneously. Removing the metal cover, steam raised quickly and I could see a simple bowl of vegetable chicken soup. "If this thing has onions, then one more reason why I'm not eating it. I can't stand onions."

Shortly, 3 baskets with 3 kinds of bread were placed around the bowl: multigrain, rye bread and buns with sesame seeds on top.

While these all looked appetising, that's all what I did - look. I didn't touch the spoon, the bowl or the bread.
Obviously seeing my lack of movement, William said warningly "Eat, Emily."

I simply looked at him in response with contempt in my eyes. He analysed my stare. "Oh, so you're going to be like that?" I didn't answer.

He chuckled. "Silent treatment, huh?" "Very well." He stood up rapidly.
Startled, I prepared to dash, grabbing the back of the chair without turning around.
Walking towards me, he said
"You have one more chance, Emily. Grab that spoon or you're not going to like what happens next."

I ignored his warning, telling him instead "Screw you."
His eyebrows raised, looking at me with interest.

He turned around to the butler sitting near the door and called out "Oliver, please do it." The butler jumped slightly in surprise and then nodded uncomfortably. He looked at me with worry, but then exited the room.

I took that as a warning. Getting up, I prepared to walk towards the door, when William inquired "And where do you think you're going?"

I answered with a nerve, piercing his eyes "I'll get going. I'm not eating."

He answered instantly "If you're not eating, you're not going."

I laughed falsely "Oh, I doubt that." and proceeded to walk away when William grabbed my wrist. "You better not, Emily."
I turned around to see his eyes glistening dangerously.

A shiver ran on my skin, but I stood my ground. "Let me go." I said calmly, pulling my hand.

Having none of it, William said simply "Sit. Down."

Amused by his seriousness for some reason, I answered with a cocky smile "No."

Just then, the doors opened and a few butlers and maids were pushing a strange medical chair. I looked confused until I noticed the fixated leather cuffs. My heart dropped. My eyes scanned desperately the medical supplies they were holding when I saw a feeding tube.