Rules

His words made me far from confused, angry and.. scared. Scared that he might know so much about me? Yes, definitely. But I was more scared of not knowing -  not knowing his reasons.
"Take care of me"? Bullshit. There was no way I was going to believe such a thing.

Supporting myself with my hands on the table, I was standing, looking at the man who caused me more stress than anyone else in my life.

He was looking at me intensely, studying my emotions, seemingly reading my thoughts. His stare made me small, even though I had the advantageous position. I was the one who stood up, I should have been the one who gave off a dangerous, intimidating vibe, but it was the other way around.

His nonchalance, seriousness and mysterious character was no match for me. He didn't seem affected in any way by my aggressive actions, but he seemed fascinated with me, of how I was acting.

I gulped and straightened my position. I felt how my face went from enraged, to docile and scared in just a few moments. "I am at a disadvantage here. I need more information in order to be able to confront him."

-------------- William's POV-------------

She was scared. It was clear as day. Emily was able to hide her fear under rage with such talent that it went almost unnoticed. Despite that skill, her thoughts were stronger than her, overwhelming actually.
Her head was filled with doubts, analysing endlessly every scenario, but were unfortunately fueled by negativity which in return was born from fear.
These thoughts could be read from her face, but one had to do it fast in order to notice. It was truly intriguing.

I wanted to know her every thought, her overanalyzing and to find out  what made her this way. She wasn't always like this..

I knew she was tired of being alone, she wanted someone she could depend on, someone who would understand, someone to help her not feel this way anymore. I was going to be that someone.

---------------

I shifted my stare from him to my surroundings, straightening my position. I gulped, not knowing what to respond to his worrying words.

"How about you sit down so we can discuss this?" He asked calmly.

I sighed, calming down. "Fine." I seethed and sat back down, crossing my legs so I could trick my mind I was in control by switching to a comfortable position. "Why am I actually here?" I pierced him with my eyes.

"I thought I already told you the reason?" He asked with an innocent expression on his face.

"Cut the bullshit! Is this an extremely stupid prank? Nah, I don't think so.
You're planning on selling my organs, aren't you?" I said, looking down, the tone of my voice dying in intensity.
In my head, I  saw myself on a surgical table and my kidney, liver getting taken, or even worse, my vital organs stolen.
I felt myself starting to tear up, but I "sucked" my tears in.

"Emily." his voice brought me back from my thoughts and I snapped up at him.
"No, I don't plan on doing such thing."
I scoffed. He looked at me sternly in response. "I am well aware that you will not believe me. You'll just have to see."

"Oh, not a chance. I'll be out of here before you manage to do anything." I warned him, but truth is, I didn't believe a thing I said.

"It'll be fun to watch you try." He replied, amused. He was challenging me. "But in the meantime, there are a few rules for you."

I blinked. Rules? He expected me to follow his rules?! Over my dead corpse.
But I decided to keep my mouth shut.

William paused, analysing me. He was waiting for my reaction and I gave him none, I was just staring, suppressing my rage.