Tag, you're it

I was running, running because of frustration. Despite my physical exhaustion, I was running because I needed it. I needed to do something, anything. So I was running through the small field towards the forest, running like I were free. Running home.

But I couldn't get home. I had to find a way past these insane walls. I sprinted through the woods, jumping over roots and moving the branches out of my way, hoping that maybe I was imagining it, maybe the walls weren't there.
The hope shattered, however, as soon as I caught the glimpse of the gray surface.

I approached it and started to analyse it. "Alright, think, think, think! I have to find a door, a weak point, a crack, a ladder, anything!" So I started looking, touching roughly the smooth stone. Yes. Smooth.
"I won't be able to climb this thing easily."
"Tch." I furrowed my brows.

"It's also too high to be climbed by someone who hasn't climbed anything since childhood." I stated.
Then I looked at the trees. Their foliage was slowly shaken by the fresh breeze. It sounded like a whisper.

Maybe the trees wanted to help me? "No, they're most likely telling you how you're not getting out any time soon, smartass." I contradicted myself.

Getting back to the point, the trees didn't reach half of the wall. Sure, there were some tall pine trees here and there, but there were too far away from the wall and it would have been too tricky to climb them. "I'll leave that as a last resort." I told myself scanning the tall plants and sighing.

I decided to continue looking for a door. You can't build 4 walls without a way out and in, right? It must be hidden, a secret door. "But if the door is or was used, there must be a pathway.."

So I looked and looked again, walking along the wall and taking in any relevant details. No pathway and no door so far. "Crap. I need a hint to the location of the door, otherwise I'll lose a lot of time." I thought.

I was starting to get more and more desperate and exhausted. The wall looked the same from whatever angle I would try. I even climbed a tree and sought anything I might have missed. Nothing. "Nada. Niente. Rien. Нечего."  I started entertaining myself with my limited language knowledge.

After some time, I got to the second corner, meaning I walked across two sides of the rectangle or square these walls connected into.

I didn't manage to find anything and my head was starting to hurt. When my legs couldn't hold me anymore, I collapsed down under a tree, breathing heavily.

Negativity started to take over. "I'm never getting out. What about my family? Do they miss me?" But what if the didn't miss me? What if they don't actually love me?

I felt how it was becoming harder to breathe and my vision was getting blurry.
Tears inevitably took over. I could barely see the roots coming out of the grassy ground in front of me as tears blocked my vision and negative thoughts clouded my mind.

I stood there, sitting down, my arms completely relaxed and numb, under the shade of a willow tree. I stared at the ground feeling lost and exhausted. The warm tears were flowing over my bruised and dried cheeks as my mind refused to be of any more aid. That was it, the limit of my physical and mental power.

As fortunately my instincts were still fully awake, I was able to hear steps on the grass and occasional branch cracking coming towards my direction. I had to move.

I thought about getting up, my brain supposedly sending impulses to my legs to move, but, I stood still. My body refused to move.

My heart started beating erratically from the fear of not being able to change my position so with all my power left I jumped on my feet. Then I immediately started debating whether I should flee or wait to see who is disturbing my breakdown.