Paige and Jamie

“We didn’t recognize you, Gei.”

        “Would you take that veil off your face?”

        I reluctantly took my veil off and looked at Paige and Jamie.

        They are unpredictable.

        I sighed and looked straightly at them. “Look, I didn’t want this—”

        “You left the country without a word!” Paige exclaimed. “Now this Queen, requests us to be bridesmaids in your wedding?”

        “Okay! Okay!” I stood up. Losing my manners. “Enough. We've been fighting about this topic for an hour already. I’m really tired.”

        “What?” Jamie snapped. “You expect us to give you hugs and kisses? Oh, please, Gei.”

        I slump on my chair again. I’m already worrying about my dress being crumpled now. “Pey, Jim.”

        “Geiyianne Seraphine.” Paige glared at me. I know now she's mad.

        I sighed again. These two are really exasperating. We’ve been discussing this matter for an hour now. I already explained them my grandmom's wish. They don’t understand is why I accepted it.

        “I’m not really ready for this wedding. I didn’t want this wedding. I don’t want to be wed on such an early age. At twenty-three, I’m going to be Queen. There’s more responsibilities to hold in my state. Do you think I’m happy?”

        Paige and Jamie looked at me intently. Moments later, they finally exhaled. Like they finally realized my situation.

        I’m on the edge of crying. I’m just maintaining my composure. I’m screaming inside and I feel suffocated. They don’t understand what I have in my future. My dreams ruined when I knew about this Royal Agreement. I’m not probably in my right state of mind when I accepted my fate.

        “Okay, Gei. You proved your point. Why did you accept it when you did not want this?” Paige asked.

        “I have no choice. Me and Victor have no choice but to agree. Its a matter of family ties. Royalty to us?” I shrugged my shoulders. “We’re just mere commoners. They are royalty. Their words are laws. I don’t want to be my family's disgrace.”

        “Your head aches? Are they gone?” Jamie suddenly changed the topic. I know she’s tired of this, too. Paige is just too stubborn. She wants the concrete reason. The valid one.

        I shook my head slowly. “No. I still have some but its occasionally. Whenever I’m tired of lessons. But before I get too tired, Victor rescues me from my lessons.”

        “Where's Victor by the way?” Paige asked.

        “He’s in his room fitting his air force uniform.”

        “Why won’t he come here?”

        “Its bad luck when the groom sees his bride in her gown before the wedding. And…” I patted my gown. “I’m still in my gown. Eduardo probably told him that I’m still in it.”

        “Your gown's beautiful by the way.”

        “Thank you, Paige.”

        We three stared for each other for some moments more and I was surprised when Paige and Jamie tackled me with hugs.

        I hugged them back and I they made it tighter. Later, they let go of me.

        “We’re just really shocked about your wedding, Geiyianne. Only me and Jamie knows your wedding.”