War

• Dedicated to Virginia de Vera Cayabyab

I think this is a repeated part and I just noticed just now. :( I edited it to make it more understandable, but those who didn't mind the repitition, I am so grateful and thank for understanding my hangover from my Grandmom's death.

~ I dedicate this to my late Grandmother, Virginia de Vera Cayabyab, the Queen Agatha of my life. ~

When we entered the waiting darkness, all I could feel is anxiety, fear and concern. Grandmom is pulling me by the wheelchair. I should stand up and let my Grandmom sit here and I’ll do the rest: finding us safety.

        “There are electric lamps here but I didn’t want to risk our security, I chose this emergency battery operated lights to guide us to the safe. It should be turned on right now.” Grandmom said.

        After Grandmom finished explaining, the supposed lights suddenly turned on.

        “Well, it is very fortunate that they have lighted.” I think she’s smiling. I couldn’t see her because she’s the one pulling my wheelchair.

        We walked further into the tunnel and I think two to three minutes passed we reached the end of the tunnel. Grandmom touched the wall and she pushed a brick. The bricked wall started moving sideward. There was dust falling and the moving of the bricked wall was not noisy. It has a quieter noise.

        Later, the doors opened and we were greeted by a crowd of staffs. Others were busy helping the medics mending the other warriors who were wounded. The others were busy cleaning the old bunker.

        “Your Majesties!”

        All of them bowed to us and scuttled towards us and helped us inside. They sealed the door and came to our aide.

        “We have come to your aide, Your Majesty, Queen Agatha and Princess Geiyianne.” A servant with blond hair said. She has straight British accent.

        “Thank you, Arabella. Please assist the other in the medic. I will be calling you if I am in need.”

        Arabella, the British servant curtsied and scuttled to the medics. It was awfully silent here. But I could hear shots of screaming, painful screaming.

        Grandmother pulled my wheelchair to the medics and asked for help to get me on a hospital bed.

        This underground safe was very old but the materials and equipment stored here were very modern and it helps us to survive. The medics have complete equipment in surgery, medicine and medical staff. The servants won’t have troubles in preparing the food, it was already prepared and there was a cooler available here. If the safe was out of oxygen, I doubt, there are oxygen tanks in the corner of the vast safe. I think this safe is a fourth of the whole Palace and the Ricos have no idea that this safe still exists.

        I couldn’t hear noises from above, we are two-hundred feet underground, with proper ventilation and atmospheric pressure to make us breath freely. This safe was really prepared for this attack. I think they have known war since Ricolino attacked Italy.

        “Please help me with Princess Geiyianne.” Grandmother said.

        Then after a beat, a handful of servants came into our aide and helped me out of my wheelchair. I was too weak to stand on my own yet. After two months of sleeping, who wouldn’t get weak on just standing on your own feet?

        The servants carried me up to the bed and fixed it when i got there, all ready to be occupied. I’m really shying on them. I just knew them and they extent their services to me even though I am a new comer.

        “Geiyianne, they are thrilled to meet you for the first time. They are glad to know you are alive and they had hoped when the news broke that you came back here.”

        “Hope? Hope for what, Grandmom?” I was tucked on the bed and I am still making myself comfy on my bed.

        “Hope for freedom and a new beginning. They await for the real reign of your parents and that reign will start on your return.”

        I had a thought: Mom told me that my grandmother was dead. I need answers and those answers are in front of me.

        “My mom told me you are dead. So I believed that I didn’t have any relatives except for Mom and Dad.”

        “They only told you that because they are protecting you.”

        I felt a pounding on my head again and I lay down the bed. I breathe in and Grandmom was suddenly sitting beside me.

        “What’s wrong, Geiyianne?” she asked.

        “I think my head is aching.”

        Grandmom’s eyes widen and shouted. “Medics! Please! The Princess’ head is hurting.”

        Three medics went to me and checked my vitals and asked me a ton of questions. They gave me painkillers and asked me to rest my eyes for a while.