The Mystery

Our lips finally parted. His eyes were fixed with mine. Have I really just done that? Have I just joined with him when I promised myself I wouldn't fall into temptation?

I attempted to scurry up to my room and pretend all of this was a bad hallucination. But this was no vision, for it was extremely realistic. Before I could even dart past the table, an immovable grasp landed upon my hair, pulling and tugging it, not even allowing me to move an inch. A blood-curdling whisper travelled throughout my ear drums.

"Where do you think you're going?" Brahms interrogated.

"You're hurting me" I vocalised.

His clutch loosened, enabling me to turn to face him. I wanted to change the subject and forget that kiss ever happened.

"Sorry" he apologised.

~A couple of days later~

Myself and Brahms were rummaging throughout the dusty attic, where I was once kept prisoner. December had fallen now, meaning Christmas was just around the corner. I had already reluctantly told Brahms that my family were coming over. He wasn't impressed by the fact that he would have to socialise with complete strangers, but he said he would make it work, for my sake.

We were searching for Christmas decorations and stumbled across an old, worn away tree, covered in cobwebs. Beside it were some antique decorations in several cardboard boxes, stacked on top of each other, which seemed abnormal.

Brahms removed his grubby vintage cardigan, exposing his long, tanned muscly arms, picked up the grimy tree and threw it down the unstable attic ladder, startling me, leaving me to take the decorations down. As I was about to drop the last box down onto the floor, my foot slipped slightly, causing me to fall. I screeched in terror, fearing I would plummet onto the floor, several metres below.

Luckily, a tight, secure hand landed onto my ankle, leaving me dangling from the attic, forcing me to feel embarrassed. He adjusted his hands around my body, pulling me back up.

"That was a close one" He mumbled.

"I guess it was" I laughed awkwardly.

I really need to be more cautious. That could've ended far worse.

Sauntering into the living area, I set to work on the tree. I began by pulling the branches outwards, making the tree form into a pine shape.

I took many decorations, consisting of baubles, tinsel and old fashioned lights and started attaching them to the tree.

Occasionally, I would hear Brahms humming behind me, causing me to burst into laughter.

Last but not least was a fluorescent star to finish, but I couldn't quite reach the top of the tree. Brahms scooped me up as if I were one of his toys and fixed me onto his shoulders. I screamed in astonishment, as his dominating height lifted me off of the floor more than expected. Rapidly, I secured the décor onto the top branch, as Brahms stepped away from the tree, with me still clinging to his collarbones. Gently, he placed me back onto the ground and gave me the same look he gives when he's fascinated or captivated.

It was complete.

Is this the life I choose? Is this how I want to spend the rest of my days? Trapped with this overshadowing man, who has shown that he can care about people who are important to him. Maybe I want to. He intrigues me with his mysterious nature. You never know his next move, which makes me electrified but apprehensive. However, he needs to keep his temper in check.

To be continued...