Xu Qiang - 1.9

'How does Ye Ping have connections with the boss He Mingyu?'

'He Mingyu saw Ye Ping performing at an event one time and became interested in her.'

'Are you serious?'

'Why would I lie?'

'And then?'

'In the original plot, He Mingyu and Ye Ping were actually in a messy relationship. Ye Ping tried to keep the relationship going but He Mingyu was just too cold.'

'Keep going.'

'Then, Wang Yong saw her dancing at another event and approached her because he liked her 'cute' dance moves.'

'Well jeez, now I need to see how good of a dancer Ye Ping is to have men fall at her feet.'

'The thing is that He Mingyu actually liked Ye Ping in the original plot, he just didn't know how to show it, so he acted cold. He was actually the one who went up to her, how else do you think Ye Ping got so many jobs?'

'What's happening now?'

'He Mingyu and Ye Ping got into a fight and she was trying to leave the car but he didn't let her, so she threatened that she'll jump out. He Mingyu was powerless and he stopped the car. Ye Ping ran off and disappeared.'

'What happens to He Mingyu in the original plot?'

'When He Mingyu saw how happy Ye Ping was with Wang Yong, he left her alone and never trusted women again. His pride was also damaged, because his girlfriend cheated on him.'

'Hmm... Interesting.'

'Do you think if I unite the He brothers and help He Mingyu get a bond with someone he should be close to, he won't be lonely?'

'Why do you think he's lonely?'

'Just look at him. He's here, all by himself, after his girlfriend ran off, has a flat tyre and doesn't have any close friends to call apart from his assistant. That seems kind of sad to me.'

'Whatever you think is right host.'

"...Do you have to be somewhere Mr. He?" Xu Qiang asked hesitantly.

He Mingyu glanced at her as he hung up the phone.

"Scram." He spat out.

"Okay." Xu Qiang replied. She was about to leave when she heard his deep voice.

"Wait."

"Yes?"

He Mingyu looked at Xu Qiang's beautiful face and said, "Stay away from my brother."

Xu Qiang looked at him curiously.

"With all due respect Mr. He, why should I stay away from He Shun?"

"Don't say his name." The man sharply glared at her.

"If I ever find out that you're scheming against my family, I will make sure you regret it for the rest of your life."

"Don't think that you can make my brother fall in love with you."

"He wouldn't like someone like you..."

Xu Qiang listened as He Mingyu continued threatening her, waiting for it to be over.

She laughed at him once he finished speaking.

"Mr. He, I would like to assume that you're a smart person so you should know that we are probably closer in age compared to He Shun and I, he's like a little brother to me."