Chapter 16 Forgiveness

~ Samantha ~

My heart is pounding against my chest.

I don't really know what to feel right now.

There stood Austin's mom-- Michele, on my doorway. That fact that she's here surprises me, but the thing that shocked me that most is the expression that she's wearing on her face right now.

She's not mad, surprisingly. She's actually smiling at us-- a real and genuine smile not the fake ones that she used to give me whenever I'm with Austin.

Don't ask me why, I don't even know the reason either.

I'm still rooted in my position. Not uttering a single word and my mouth slightly open and wide eyed. I probably look funny right now but who the hell cares. I'm nervous as hell just by having the presence of Michele.

"Mom?" Austin said breaking the silence that filled the room.

She didn't say anything, instead she slowly made her way towards us in the middle of Kendra's room.

Surprise is an understatement when she stood in front of me and wrapped her slim arms around my body. I'm too shock to even process whats going on, my whole body is not functioning well.

Wow I'm really getting too shock this past few days.

When she pulled back, I looked at Austin who's still holding Kendra in his arms and I silently asked questions, like some sort of a telepathy, as crazy as that sounds but he understood what I said and he just shrugged, confusion written on his face.

I turn my head towards Michele who's looking directly at me with an unreadable expression in her eyes "Can we talk?" She asked.

"Uh Sure?" I said but it came out more like a question rather than a statement.

"I'll just go and leave Kendra here with you guys she is already sleeping." Austin said while putting sleeping Kendra back on the crib.

"No Austin stay, I want both of you to hear what I'm going to say." Michele said. Austin and I looked at each other and nodded.

"I came here to say my apology." she started which caught me off guard "Austin, I'm so sorry son for being such a bad mother to you." she said looking at Austin, tears threatening to spill out of her eyes.

"No your not mom." Austin said

"No Austin you don't understand let me finish." she took a deep breath and continued "remember the time when we had dinner together and Samantha run off? Austin that was all my fault."

"What? But why would you do that mom?" Austin asked trying to calm himself

"I was just trying to protect you. Your are finally living your dreams and as a mother I don't want that dream to be snatched away from you. So I tried  to protect you in the way that I thought is the best for you, by breaking you and Samantha apart because I thought that she's a distraction to you. I also thought that she's just with you because she wants attention from the public, but I thought wrong." she then look at me, regret written all over her face.

"Im so sorry Samantha for judging you before knowing the real you. When Austin went on tour with Taylor and the fifth harmony, I was so happy because he will be away from you. But when I heard that you were pregnant and Austin is having second thoughts to go on tour, that was when I realize that you really mean so much to him. While on tour I know that there were a lot of problem that you guys went through especially when the publicity dating started. That was so hard on your part Samantha because you didn't know what was happening between Austin and Camila but you trusted him and you understood him. Thats when I realize that I'm protecting Austin from nothing and I know that you guys are really meant to be together."