8

That had been the first time in six years I had heard his name, or someone say his name. I could never bring myself to say it, as it brought so many memories up for me - which would only make me more heart broken.

"He was a very good man." She continued. "He was always very kind to us." She picked a piece of paper up and looked at it carefully. "He asked me, if you ever came back, to give this to you."

She handed to me and I timidly took it. Smiling gently, she left the room and bid me goodnight. As I looked down at the envelope, I took a deep breath in and bit down on the inside of my lip.

'To Amelia' was written on the top. As I carefully opened it, I unfolded another piece of paper inside; revealing the piece of music he had written for me, when we were together in the house. Tears slid down my eyes unknowingly, as my fingers brushed along each note. Bruno always had a way of coming back in my mind and my feelings for him never changed.

I had always wanted to kick myself, for never staying with him or coming back to him - or even finding out where he was. I was angry at myself and I was angry he had never tried to find me again.

"Amelia?" Maria called out. "Are you okay?"

"I am fine." I replied, my voice hoarse as I spoke. "I will be back soon."

"Are you sure your okay?" She pushed, knowing something was not right.

"I am fine." I wiped my eyes and looked to her. "Honest."

Putting the envelope in my pocket, I walked towards the window where Bruno and I shared our first kiss. Putting my fingers to my lips, it was as though I remembered his touch and longed for it once more.

Maybe I needed to find him? Maybe we were meant to be?

I put my hand down and looked back towards the door.

But what about Hans? I need to concentrate on getting him back and either allow fate or luck to work out my issue. Taking a deep exhale out, I walked back to my room and got into bed; thanking Madame for the push I needed, to be reminded of my true love.

*

"Good morning." Louis mumbled, his mouth full of toast and honey. I chuckled at the man in front of me and I looked to see Maria tucking into her breakfast too.

"How did you sleep?" I asked Louis, as I sat down and reached over to get a piece of toast.

"I slept very well thank you." He replied, taking another bite and humming at how good it tasted.

"Where is Adele?" I smirked, looking over to Maria, who had the same amused look across her face.

"Yes Louis, where is our friend?" She added, taunting him more. Louis blushed, but I knew the two of them wouldn't have done anything too crude to say.

"She is sleeping still." He bashfully said, finding his toast much more comforting to look at, then us two who continued to tease him. "She was still asleep when I came down for breakfast."

"Someone needs to wake her up, we have a busy day ahead of us." I rushed a piece of toast down and stood up immediately. "I will be you guys in half an hour, outside the front of the house, I am going to take the car."

"Where are you going?" They both asked.

"I have to go and see an old friend." I replied, grabbing my coat and the keys; walking out of the house.

Getting in the car, I rushed over to where I knew the old house of Celine and her family. It was not that far away from the house and I knew I would not be there too long, as I did not believe she would really want to see.

As I approached the door, I rattled my knuckles against the wooden door and waited for someone to answer. I wondered if she still lived here, but this would be the only way I could find out. The house looked as though it had been done up and it looked nothing like it did before. The outside was painted white and there was no imperfection in sight.

"Girls I have told you, stop fighting!" I heard someone yell as they approached the door, with the background noise of two girls arguing. "Im serious girls stop-"

The door opened and as Celine was about to speak, she looked to me and realised who in fact I was. Shock was written across her face, but we were interrupted by a girl about six years old, walking out past her mum and in front of me.

"Hello." She giggled, running past me and into the fields beside their house.

"Hello Celine." I smiled, she took a sigh in and looked still said nothing. "I just wanted to come and see how you were."

"I have nothing to say to you." She mumbled, folding her arms as she looked to me.

"I just wanted to say, I am sorry for whatever I did to upset you." I confidently said, with as much compassion as I could. "I heard about your child and the pain people have caused you, through their opinion-"

"-You have no idea." She huffed, a frown on her face and the annoyance in her tone.

"But I do." I snapped. "I have spent my whole life, being told what to do and full of opinions that affect how I have felt. People have called me a traitor, an awful person, just for following my heart. I know how you feel and someone recently, made me realise life is too short to harbour bad feelings."

Celine stayed silent for a moment, looking and me before taking in a deep inhale and a massive sigh after.

"You are right." She smiled slightly. "I guess I spent my whole life jealous of you and your freedom, but I did not realise the pain behind the background. I hope you can forgive me too."

"Of course I can." I smiled back, leaning in to hug her, which she willingly reciprocated. As I pulled away, I looked up to her and then to her house. "Your home is beautiful."

"We had some work done to it." She grinned. "It feels more homely now."

"It looks like it cost a lot." I added, seeing how great quality everything was.

"Well, someone left us some money before they left." She replied.

"The father of the child?" I assumed, looking around still at the features.

"No." She mumbled. "It was Bruno."

I stopped looking around and looked directly into her eyes.

"What did you just say?" I gaped, thinking I misheard her.

"He left us money before he left-" She began. "Bruno did. He was such a kind man, I can see why you liked him so much."

I blushed, looking away and not acknowledging her comment - even though deep down inside I appreciated it. She was right. I resented him, thinking that because he was a German, that eventually he would have some traits to the evil ones. But this man had no bad bone in his body and I instantly regretted walk away from him.

"He spoke about you a lot." She added. "And when the day came, that the Germans left the town, he gave me a large amount of money, to help me and my family - both my child and my new addition, Anna."

"Do you know where they went?" I asked, praying she would know where is group went next.

"I heard they were going back to Germany, but Bruno never told me." She answered. "He said he did not know. You should try and find him."

"I have some other things to sort out first." I mumbled, then realising I needed to get back to the others, as Benoit was due for information. "I should go Celine, but I am glad we were able to sort things out."

"I hope to see you again." She smiled, leaning across and hugging me.

"Goodbye." I smiled back, walking back to my car and I driving off to see my friends.